Are you burned out from paying out the nose each month for insurance? You're in the same situation as the majority of other consumers in Texas.
It's an obvious assumption that insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price will probably buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent study showed that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Dodge Ram insurance is your ultimate goal, understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can make it easier to shop your coverage around. Big-name insurance companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO all claim big savings with ads and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes as often as possible because insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the lowest rate on Dodge Ram insurance in San Antonio a year ago a different company probably has better prices today. There is a lot of wrong information about Ram insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some tested techniques to reduce your insurance bill.
If you have a policy now or want to find a cheaper company, take advantage of these tips to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the best rates in San Antonio seems hard but is not really that difficult. Vehicle owners just need to understand the tricks to compare different rates from many different companies.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including driver details, daily mileage, types of safety features, and if you're married. Your details is sent automatically to insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To compare rates for your Dodge Ram now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Dodge Ram detailed coverage information
The premium information shown next highlights different insurance premium costs for Dodge Ram models. Being aware of how premiums are established can help customers make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$230||$372||$560||$34||$168||$1,364||$114|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$260||$452||$560||$34||$168||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$260||$452||$560||$34||$168||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$260||$452||$560||$34||$168||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$260||$452||$560||$34||$168||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$260||$452||$560||$34||$168||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$260||$452||$560||$34||$168||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$260||$452||$560||$34||$168||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$260||$452||$560||$34||$168||$1,474||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$288||$532||$560||$34||$168||$1,582||$132|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$288||$532||$560||$34||$168||$1,582||$132|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$288||$532||$560||$34||$168||$1,582||$132|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$288||$532||$560||$34||$168||$1,582||$132|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$288||$532||$560||$34||$168||$1,582||$132|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$288||$532||$560||$34||$168||$1,582||$132|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$288||$532||$560||$34||$168||$1,582||$132|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$288||$532||$560||$34||$168||$1,582||$132|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$288||$532||$560||$34||$168||$1,582||$132|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$288||$614||$560||$34||$168||$1,664||$139|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$288||$614||$560||$34||$168||$1,664||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change price quotes greatly.
Liability only or full coverage
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance rates with and without full coverage. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut rule of when to phase out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Ram settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $600 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Ram in San Antonio, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ram has a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in San Antonio overpays as much as $850 per year so it's important to compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Many things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that are used to determine your car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
How many coverages with the same company - Most companies give discounts to clients that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it's in your best interest to compare other San Antonio Ram insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Getting married equates to better costs - Your spouse may earn you lower rates on your car insurance bill. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
Occupation and insurance rates - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupations like lawyers, architects, and accountants generally pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, occupations like actors, athletes and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Better drivers pay better premiums - Good drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Only having one citation may cause rates to rise to the point where it's not affordable. People who have flagrant tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accidents increase Dodge Ram annual premium costs for different age groups. The information is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
High credit scores save money - Credit history can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. So if your credit can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Dodge Ram if you clean up your credit.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some providers don't always advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Resident Student - Older children who live away from home at college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to study their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data is based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, driver's education, good student, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, seat belt use, driver training, five-year accident-free, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers discounts for bundle discounts, homeowner, drive less, teen safe driver, anti-theft, and safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for switch companies, bundle discounts, pay in full, homeowner, alternative fuel, business and professional, and teen driver.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, education and occupation, good driver, pay-in-full, and good student.
- USAA may have discounts that include defensive driver, family discount, multi-vehicle, good student, annual mileage, loyalty savings, and driver training.
If you want cheaper San Antonio car insurance quotes, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in San Antonio. To see insurance companies with the best Dodge Ram insurance discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in San Antonio who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to do any legwork because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, don't hesitate to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Does the company have a local claim office in San Antonio?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
If you feel you receive positive feedback to any questions you may have and inexpensive Dodge Ram insurance in San Antonio quotes, you've probably found an insurer that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you have the power to cancel your policy any time you want so don't feel you are locked into any particular company for the full term.
Don't give up on cheaper coverage
Cheap Dodge Ram insurance in San Antonio is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your Dodge Ram insurance auto insurance rates in San Antonio. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with an unexpected company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)