Want to save money and find cheaper Volvo V50 insurance in San Antonio? I can't think of anyone who anticipates paying for auto insurance, especially when they are aware that their premiums are through the roof.
It's safe to conclude that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around for cheaper prices will probably switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey revealed that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance is the reason for your visit, then knowing the best way to compare insurance premiums can make shopping around easier. Companies like GEICO and Progressive increase brand awareness with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to ignore the flashy ads and find the best price available.
It is always a good idea to compare prices before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Volvo V50 insurance in San Antonio a few years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we're going to show you one of the best ways to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Low Cost Volvo insurance rates in San Antonio
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Volvo V50 insurance analysis
The information shown below covers estimates of insurance prices for Volvo V50 models. Being aware of how insurance policy premiums are established can be useful when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|V50 AWD T5 R-Design||$264||$624||$462||$28||$138||$1,516||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase coverage rates significantly.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Volvo V50 premium costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Volvo V50 car insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The data is based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no set guideline that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Volvo V50 replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing in excess of $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Informed Consumers Save Every Year
Many things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but some are less apparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
Safer cars cost less to insure - Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Volvo scored better than an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Cheaper to insure women? - Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Females and males tend to get into fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
The chart below shows the difference between Volvo V50 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Having a spouse is a bonus - Having a significant other may save some money when buying car insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Liability protection limits on your policy - Liability coverage provides coverage if you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don't always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Claim-Free Discount - Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds who allow driving data collection to study driving habits remotely like Allstate's Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few car insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy early. You may see this discount when you get San Antonio auto insurance quotes online.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Senior Discount - Mature drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Volvo V50 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and student away at school.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good driver, good student, bundled insurance, air bags, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, and accident-free.
- AAA may have discounts that include pay-in-full, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, defensive driver, air bags, federal employee, good student, emergency military deployment, and military active duty.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, anti-theft, accident-free, multi-car, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for distant student, multi-car, bundle discounts, business and professional, and alternative fuel.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not be available everywhere. To see insurers who offer online Volvo V50 insurance quotes in Texas, click this link.
Are insurance agencies obsolete?
A small number of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from small agencies is especially important in San Antonio.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in San Antonio that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in San Antonio
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in San Antonio can either be independent or exclusive. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it's worth learning the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following are independent agents in San Antonio that can possibly get you pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in San Antonio who can help you get price quotes.
Diana Ybarra - State Farm Insurance Agent
420 Jackson Keller Rd - San Antonio, TX 78216 - (210) 366-0086 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any good agent in San Antonio should know the answers to these questions.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always remember that when buying the best car insurance coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Volvo V50?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Is other people's property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
You just read a lot of techniques to compare Volvo V50 insurance auto insurance rates in San Antonio. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver and even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
Lower-priced car insurance in San Antonio can be found on the web in addition to many San Antonio insurance agents, so you need to shop San Antonio auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Active Military in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Antonio Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)