No sane person is fond of buying auto insurance, especially when the prices are way too high.
Sadly, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Texas could save an average of up to 70% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't believe the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy. You have so many auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it's nice to have a choice, more choices can make it harder to find the lowest rates for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in San Antonio.
Do you qualify for discounts on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in San Antonio?
Some companies don't list every discount very well, so below is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Early Switch Discount - Some larger companies reward drivers for signing up early. You may see this discount when you get San Antonio car insurance quotes online.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote San Antonio car insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Distant College Student Discount - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from San Antonio without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Save with a New Car - Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but certain companies permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to look at their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
To locate companies with discount rates in Texas, click here.
Finding cheap Volkswagen Atlas car insurance quotes is an easy way to save money. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rates from different insurance companies.
It's so simple to compare car insurance rate quotes online replaces the need to spend your day driving to all the different San Antonio insurance agencies. Comparing Volkswagen Atlas insurance rates online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you're the type of person who wants the professional assistance only provided by licensed San Antonio agents. Some companies do allow you to obtain prices from the web but buy the policy through an agent.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local San Antonio insurance agency
Many drivers still like to go talk to an agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that provide free San Antonio car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you directly. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
If you need to find a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can sell auto insurance policies, but it's good to learn how they are different because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so you might not find the best rates. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in San Antonio who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Terry Padilla - State Farm Insurance Agent
6633 S Zarzamora - San Antonio, TX 78211 - (210) 932-3399 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When comparing auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in San Antonio willing to provide rate quotes.
Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr - San Antonio, TX 78221 - (210) 593-8935 - View Map
If you feel you receive good feedback and an acceptable price quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to service your policy. But remember, it's your policy and you can cancel coverage for any reason so don't assume that you are obligated to a specific agent for the full term.
More effort can pay off
We just presented some good ideas how you can compare Volkswagen Atlas insurance car insurance rates in San Antonio. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive San Antonio car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Low-cost Volkswagen Atlas insurance in San Antonio is definitely available both online in addition to many San Antonio insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)