Finding cheaper San Antonio Toyota Prius insurance quotes is overwhelming for drivers that are not comfortable with quoting and online price comparisons. Since there are so many companies competing online, how can drivers have time to compare each option to find better rates?
It's a known fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who compare rates once a year are inclined to switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced company. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who routinely compared rates saved approximately $70 a month compared to those who never compared other company's rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Toyota Prius insurance in San Antonio is the reason you're reading this, then having a good understanding the best way to quote and compare coverage rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Informed Drivers Know How to Find Insurance at a Discount
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
- Get better rates if married - Having a significant other may save some money when buying insurance. Marriage usually means you are more responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Always have insurance - Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Drive a safer car and pay less - Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- When should you not file a insurance claims? - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Texas generally give discounts to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Do you have a demanding employer? - Occupational choices like military personnel, social workers, and medical professionals generally have the highest rates in part from intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, occupations like actors, students and performers pay the least.
- Save miles and save money - The higher the mileage driven in a year's time the higher your rate. Many insurance companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your policy is rated on the correct driver usage. Having the wrong rating on your Prius may be costing you higher rates.
Claims statistics for a Toyota Prius - Insurance companies use past insurance losses to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates.
The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Toyota Prius vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Toyota Prius Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Prius C Hybrid 113 100 87 120 121 113 Toyota Prius Hybrid 101 97 98 103 118 103 Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid 98 89 87 106 114 93 Toyota Prius V Hybrid 94 86 88 88 94 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most larger insurance companies give prices direct online. Obtaining pricing for Toyota Prius insurance in San Antonio is very simple because it's just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on these and other factors.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it's also necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the best rate.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on similar coverages.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
The data table below showcases a range of rate quotes for Toyota Prius models. Learning a little about how insurance prices are determined helps drivers make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in garaging location in San Antonio which can decrease or increase rates considerably.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims raise Toyota Prius insurance rates for each different age category. The information is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Car insurance premiums by gender
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Prius insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Protect your Prius and other assets
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Toyota in San Antonio, insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Toyota Prius, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Toyota and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $700 annually so it's very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to save money.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Toyota Prius insurance in San Antonio
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 can get lower premium rates.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Accident Waiver - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Toyota Prius insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- 21st Century may offer discounts for student driver, anti-lock brakes, air bags, good student, and driver training.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, good driver, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide offers discounts including anti-theft, accident-free, good student, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, and multi-policy.
- Esurance may include discounts for safety device, multi-car, paid-in-full, online shopper, and claim free.
- The Hartford discounts include vehicle fuel type, air bag, good student, bundle, and defensive driver.
If you need the cheapest Toyota Prius rate quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in San Antonio. To choose insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click this link.
Local San Antonio car insurance agents and auto insurance
A lot of people prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in San Antonio who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You'll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. Any good agent in San Antonio should know the answers to these questions.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
If you want to use a local San Antonio insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in San Antonio can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Antonio who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Kristin Sorensen - State Farm Insurance Agent
430 W Loop 1604 N Suite 112 - San Antonio, TX 78251 - (210) 682-1200 - View Map
- Robert Tijerina - State Farm Insurance Agent
8802 Potranco Rd Ste 105 - San Antonio, TX 78251 - (210) 684-3800 - View Map
- David Swift - State Farm Insurance Agent
8201 Roughrider Dr - San Antonio, TX 78239 - (210) 655-0212 - View Map
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you should always compare prices from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in San Antonio that can give you price quotes.
- Legion Insurance Agency
5309 Wurzbach Rd - San Antonio, TX 78230 - (210) 693-1501 - View Map
- Affordable Health Insurance Agency, LLC
7330 San Pedro Ave #150 - San Antonio, TX 78216 - (210) 738-3537 - View Map
- Ellis Insurance Agency
15335 San Pedro Ave - San Antonio, TX 78232 - (210) 979-9000 - View Map
If you get acceptable answers to any questions you have as well as inexpensive Toyota Prius insurance in San Antonio quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide auto insurance.
Persistence pays off
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests and even poor customer service. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We've covered some good ideas how you can shop for Toyota Prius insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best premium rates are with a small local company.
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are San Antonio Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Antonio Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Mazda CX-7 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)