Are you looking for a better way to compare lower-priced Toyota Highlander insurance in San Antonio? Pricey car insurance in San Antonio can dwindle your accounts and make it tough to pay other bills.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates will probably switch car insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey revealed that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved an average of $70 a month compared to those who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding low prices for insurance in San Antonio is your objective, learning how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can save time and make the process easier.
Lots of insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and uncover the absolute best rates possible on Toyota Highlander insurance in San Antonio.
Find Toyota Highlander Insurance for Less
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
Listed below are a few of the things used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Policy add-ons add up – Policies have add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
- Optional features that cut prices – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
- Liability coverage safeguards assets – The liability section of your policy will provide protection if ever you are responsible for an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Most larger insurers afford better rates for people that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Toyota Highlander insurance loss data – Auto insurance companies analyze the history of losses to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that are shown to have increased losses will cost more for coverage.
The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Toyota Highlander vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Toyota Highlander Vehicles Specific Toyota Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Highlander 4dr 2WD 88 82 94 94 78 75 Toyota Highlander 4dr 4WD 95 86 117 88 74 78 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr 4WD 111 143BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The are a couple different ways to compare quotes from different San Antonio insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find cheaper rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to drive to each insurance agency near you. Quoting and buying Toyota Highlander insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop your coverage online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
Just remember that having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Analysis of coverages
The premium information shown below showcases different insurance costs for Toyota Highlander models. Having a better idea how insurance policy rates are determined is important for you to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$336||$544||$392||$24||$118||$1,414||$118|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$336||$544||$392||$24||$118||$1,414||$118|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$336||$544||$392||$24||$118||$1,414||$118|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$376||$642||$392||$24||$118||$1,552||$129|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$376||$642||$392||$24||$118||$1,552||$129|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$376||$642||$392||$24||$118||$1,552||$129|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$376||$642||$392||$24||$118||$1,552||$129|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$376||$642||$392||$24||$118||$1,552||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase premiums substantially.
Cautious San Antonio drivers save money
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders impact Toyota Highlander insurance premiums for each age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Age-based insurance rates by gender
The example below shows the difference between Toyota Highlander insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The information below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Highlander insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set guideline for excluding full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Toyota Highlander claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Why you need quality insurance for your Highlander
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota Highlander insurance, buying auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Toyota Highlander, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Toyota gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes every year to save money.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Some insurers don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious auto insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with one insurance company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Highlander insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. Data assumes a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts are:
Check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered everywhere. To choose companies who offer auto insurance discounts in San Antonio, click here.
Get rate quotes but work with a neighborhood San Antonio auto insurance agent
A small number of people still like to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in San Antonio that can provide free San Antonio car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does their agency support local causes in San Antonio?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you want to buy insurance from an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. San Antonio agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are San Antonio exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
Lisa Ybarbo – State Farm Insurance Agent
803 Castroville Rd #128 – San Antonio, TX 78237 – (210) 434-2711 – View Map
Terry Padilla – State Farm Insurance Agent
6633 S Zarzamora – San Antonio, TX 78211 – (210) 932-3399 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can write business with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, you need to include independent agents to get the best comparison.
Listed below are independent agents in San Antonio that can give you rate quotes.
Mesquite Insurance Agency
501 W Quincy St – San Antonio, TX 78212 – (210) 472-3034 – View Map
Shop smart and save
When shopping online for insurance, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper insurance in San Antonio is possible on the web and with local San Antonio insurance agents, so you need to shop San Antonio car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Antonio Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Antonio Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)