No one is fond of buying auto insurance, especially knowing they could get a better deal.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who get price quotes annually will most likely switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey discovered that people who routinely compared rates saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in San Antonio is your ultimate target, then having an understanding of the best way to shop and compare insurance can save time, money, and frustration. With so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be difficult for people to pick the lowest price company.
Getting quotes for the cheapest insurance coverage in San Antonio can be fairly easy. If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to save money without sacrificing coverage. Shoppers just have to learn the proper way to shop online.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in San Antonio, TX. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Don’t overlook these nine Suzuki Forenza insurance discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before they will apply.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Early Signing – A few larger companies allow discounts for signing up early. You could save around 10% when you buy San Antonio auto insurance online.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Good Student – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Suzuki could earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Forenza insurance.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, defensive driver, air bags, anti-lock brakes, driver training, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Travelers may have discounts that include hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, good student, multi-car, and student away at school.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for defensive driving, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, good student, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, homeowner, early shopping, mature driver, youthful driver, and good student.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for good student, good driver, Switch & Save, emergency road assistance, claim free, and renters.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, student away at school, passive restraint, driver’s education, and good driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including age of vehicle, annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, multi-car, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in San Antonio. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in San Antonio, click here to view.
Insurance agencies near you
Some consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in San Antonio.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to companies in San Antonio who will give competitive quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. In the event you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in San Antonio can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand so they can write business through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following are independent agents in San Antonio who can help you get comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following are exclusive agencies in San Antonio willing to provide rate quotes.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
When to get professional advice
When selecting adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my trailer covered?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Car insurance specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Suzuki Forenza.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 30/60/25 that means you have a limit of $30,000 per injured person, $60,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims like emergency aid, pain and suffering and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Forenza resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your Forenza to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits, surgery, nursing services and X-ray expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Do the work, save more money
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to lower your Suzuki Forenza insurance car insurance rates in San Antonio. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is San Antonio Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Antonio Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)