Finding the most affordable San Antonio Subaru WRX insurance quotes on the internet can seem to be somewhat intimidating for drivers not familiar with online price comparisons. With so many agents and online companies, how can drivers have a chance to compare each option to find cheaper insurance rates?
A recent insurance study discovered that 70% of consumers have been with the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in San Antonio could save approximately 70% a year, but most undervalue how much they could save if they changed companies.
It's a good idea to shop coverage around yearly because insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the best price on Subaru WRX insurance in San Antonio a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're about to learn the best way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Finding quotes for the most affordable coverage in San Antonio is not as hard as you may think. Virtually every driver who is shopping for insurance should find a lower-cost policy. But Texas consumers should learn the way companies determine what you pay and use this information to your advantage.
The Subaru WRX Insurance Rate Equation
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Costs are impacted by vehicle performance - The performance of the car you need insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Lower cost passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Do women or men drive better? - The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females get in fender benders at a similar rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
How credit rating affects auto insurance rates - An insured's credit history is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Subaru WRX by repairing your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower premiums - Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder your car from being stolen.
Cheaper rates for being claim-free - If you tend to file frequent claims, you shouldn't be surprised to get higher rates. Insurance companies in Texas provide the best rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Physical damage deductibles - Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Subaru. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield shattered by a rock, hitting a deer, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Never let your auto insurance policy lapse - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a quick way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
How many miles do you drive? - The higher the miles on your Subaru each year the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Double check that your auto insurance coverage shows the correct usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your WRX may be costing you.
Subaru WRX insurance loss statistics - Car insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The data below shows the loss history for Subaru WRX vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru WRX 4WD||141||82||158||94||81||84|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
To find the best insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rates from different San Antonio insurance companies. The easiest way by far to lower the rate you pay for insurance is to use the internet to compare rates.
It's important to know that comparing all the rates in your area helps increase your odds of locating more affordable insurance.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your WRX
Despite the high insurance cost for a Subaru WRX in San Antonio, buying car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your WRX, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Subaru at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your Subaru WRX and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Don't overlook these Subaru WRX insurance discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise every available discount very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving less can qualify you for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Drivers Education - Have your child participate in a local driver's education class if it's offered in school.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers can get a slight reduction on a San Antonio auto insurance quote.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Online - Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Distant Student Discount - Any of your kids living away from San Antonio attending college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Larger insurance carriers have a lower auto insurance rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
If you would like to view auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in San Antonio, click here to view.
Local San Antonio insurance agencies
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local. Supporting local agents is definitely important in San Antonio.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in San Antonio that can give you free San Antonio auto insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent immediately to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in San Antonio for you
When narrowing the list to find local San Antonio agents, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they work. Insurance agencies in San Antonio are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you need to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
The following are San Antonio independent agencies who may provide rate quotes.
- Atlas Insurance Agency,Inc
1954 SW Military Dr - San Antonio, TX 78221 - (210) 927-2277 - View Map
- Ellis Insurance Agency
15335 San Pedro Ave - San Antonio, TX 78232 - (210) 979-9000 - View Map
- A and A Insurance Agency
1317 Castroville Rd - San Antonio, TX 78237 - (210) 434-2311 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are San Antonio exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
- Rivers Schara - State Farm Insurance Agent
1775 Encino Rio Boulevard - San Antonio, TX 78259 - (210) 496-9533 - View Map
- Roger Haynes - State Farm Insurance Agent
13909 Nacogdoches Rd #103 - San Antonio, TX 78217 - (210) 656-4082 - View Map
- Diana Ybarra - State Farm Insurance Agent
420 Jackson Keller Rd - San Antonio, TX 78216 - (210) 366-0086 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- When do they do a full risk review?
If you receive positive feedback to all your questions and affordable Subaru WRX insurance rates in San Antonio quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind it's your coverage and you can cancel your policy when you choose so don't think that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent with no way out.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to lower your Subaru WRX insurance auto insurance rates in San Antonio. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive San Antonio auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions and even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
More detailed car insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Acadia in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)