High-priced auto insurance in San Antonio can draw down your budget and maybe even restrict other spending. Comparison shopping can be a smart way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who compare other rates are highly likely to move their business because they have a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If saving the most money on Ford Flex insurance is your objective, then having some insight into the best way to shop and compare car insurance can save money and time.
Due to the fact that there are so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be difficult for drivers to locate the lowest cost company.
It’s a good habit to do price comparisons before your policy renews because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best rate on Ford Flex insurance in San Antonio on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to learn how to use online quotes to find lower rates on auto insurance.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like if you lease or own, which vehicles you own, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and whether you are single or married. That rating information is instantly provided to multiple top-rated companies and you will receive price estimates immediately.
To find the cheapest Ford Flex insurance rates, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Flex insurance, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford Flex, almost all lenders will force you to have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Ford but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Data for Ford Flex insurance
The information below highlights detailed analysis of rate quotes for Ford Flex models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance premiums are established can assist in making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Flex SE 2WD||$198||$352||$496||$30||$148||$1,224||$102|
|Flex SEL 2WD||$198||$416||$496||$30||$148||$1,288||$107|
|Flex SEL AWD||$220||$416||$496||$30||$148||$1,310||$109|
|Flex Limited 2WD||$220||$416||$496||$30||$148||$1,310||$109|
|Flex Limited AWD||$220||$416||$496||$30||$148||$1,310||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase premiums significantly.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Ford Flex insurance rates for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can raise Ford Flex car insurance rates for each age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Liability only or full coverage
The chart below shows the difference between Ford Flex premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There isn’t a written rule to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Ford Flex claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Cheaper San Antonio insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data collection to spy on driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper Flex insurance.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Ford Flex auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for good student, driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, anti-theft, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and multi-car.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, good student, good driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, and Steer into Savings.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, air bags, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, driver’s education, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply to policies in San Antonio. To view providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Car insurance agents can help
A lot of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to companies in San Antonio who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might point out whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What is glass protection for?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Texas?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Persistence will pay off
The cheapest Ford Flex insurance in San Antonio is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim or even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
You just learned many tips how you can find lower-cost Ford Flex insurance in San Antonio. The key thing to remember is the more you quote San Antonio auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive San Antonio auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Additional information is located below:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap San Antonio Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)