Are you tired of trying to find more affordable car insurance rates in San Antonio, TX? San Antonio consumers have a choice when looking for the lowest priced Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance so you're going to learn the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Chrysler and find the best price possible.
Consumers should take time to check car insurance prices on a regular basis since rates tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in San Antonio at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Our objective is to tell you how car insurance works and some tricks to saving. If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using these techniques. Vehicle owners just have to know the tricks to compare prices over the internet.
How to buy Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance online
Most of the larger companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get coverage prices online. Doing online quotes for Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in San Antonio is pretty painless as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want into the form. Behind the scenes, the company's rating system sends out for your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information based on these factors.
Using the web to get rates for Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in San Antonio makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for a lower rate.
In order to find out how much you're overpaying now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy your coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will have rate quotes based on similar coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in San Antonio, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chrysler, most lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to save money.
Premium rates and analysis
The information shown below outlines different coverage prices for Chrysler PT Cruiser models. Having a better understanding of how prices are figured can help you make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$198||$338||$304||$18||$92||$950||$79|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$198||$338||$304||$18||$92||$950||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in San Antonio location which can revise insurance rates substantially.
Discount San Antonio insurance quotes
Some providers don't always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Early Signing - Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers that enable driving data collection to track driving habits by using a telematic data system such as State Farm's In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new PT Cruiser can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Online Discount - Some companies will give you a small discount get San Antonio auto insurance over the internet.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts should help lower your premiums.
The example below illustrates the difference between Chrysler PT Cruiser car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The prices are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, location of vehicle, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for distant student, homeowner, good student, business and professional, teen driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-policy, 55 and retired, safe driver, renewal discount, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, safe vehicle, multiple policy, driver's education, good student, and good driver.
- Allstate discounts include safe driver, good student, passive restraint, resident student, early signing, anti-theft, and premier plus.
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, daytime running lights, membership and employees, multi-policy, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
If you need inexpensive San Antonio auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in every state.