If you are new to getting San Antonio car insurance quotes online, you can be baffled by the confusing number insurance agents and companies competing for business in San Antonio.
Unimaginable but true, over 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in the U.S. could pocket up to $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to find cheaper car insurance rates.
If you have insurance now, you will be able to get lower rates using these tips. Finding and comparing the lowest cost car insurance policy in San Antonio is not as hard as you think. But Texas vehicle owners should learn the methods companies use to calculate your car insurance rates because it varies considerably.
Get cheaper Toyota 86 insurance rates in San Antonio
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on 86 insurance in San Antonio.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a San Antonio car insurance quote.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable companies to analyze where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
For a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in San Antonio, click this link.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including whether you are married, how much you drive, your occupation, and coverage limits. Your details is instantly sent to many of the top insurers and you will receive price estimates very quickly.
To compare rates for your Toyota 86 now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Learn How to Find Car Insurance at a Discount
Many things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Amount of liability coverage – The liability section of your policy provides coverage when a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Save money with higher coverage deductibles – The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save – Safer cars get lower rates. Safer cars reduce injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Toyota 86 has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
How old are your drivers? – Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be more careless when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.
Type of car determines base premiums – The performance of the vehicle you need to insure makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Lower cost passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Drivers with responsible credit save – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Toyota 86 by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Do males or females drive better? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females are in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
What if I want to buy from local San Antonio car insurance agents?
A small number of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents in San Antonio who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in San Antonio should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What insurance companies do they work with in San Antonio?
- How long has their agency been in business in San Antonio?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Two types of San Antonio auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below are San Antonio exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8910 Bandera Rd #110 – San Antonio, TX 78250 – (210) 673-2391 – View Map
- Tim McBroom – State Farm Insurance Agent
8802 Marbach Rd #100 – San Antonio, TX 78227 – (210) 673-3401 – View Map
- Art Manzano – State Farm Insurance Agent
1255 SW Loop 410 Ste 135 – San Antonio, TX 78227 – (210) 670-0000 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to contact multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Listed below are San Antonio independent agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- A.R.M. Insurance Agency
1534 W Contour Dr #101 – San Antonio, TX 78212 – (210) 828-7873 – View Map
- San Antonio Insurance Agency
1100 NE Interstate 410 Loop – San Antonio, TX 78209 – (210) 822-2590 – View Map
- Legion Insurance Agency
5309 Wurzbach Rd – San Antonio, TX 78230 – (210) 693-1501 – View Map
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota 86 insurance, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Toyota with a loan, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your 86 more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
We covered some good ideas how to shop for Toyota 86 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper San Antonio car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in San Antonio is possible on the web and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Antonio Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)