Trying to find better insurance prices for your Acura RL in Texas can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Acura and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and San Antonio agents.
You should take the time to price shop coverage yearly because auto insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best price on Acura RL insurance in San Antonio two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Acura RL insurance in San Antonio.
Comparing rates for the best coverage in San Antonio is not as hard as you think. If you have insurance now or just want to reduce your rates, you can use these techniques to save money without sacrificing coverage. Smart shoppers just need to learn the most effective way to compare company rates on the web.
Buy San Antonio Acura RL insurance online
All the larger auto insurance companies allow consumers to get prices on the web. The process is fairly simple as you simply enter your coverage information as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and provides a quote based on many factors.
Being able to quote online for Acura RL insurance in San Antonio makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to get the most affordable possible premiums on auto insurance.
In order to find out how much you’re overpaying now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter your coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will have a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in San Antonio, TX. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts can help lower rates on Acura RL insurance in San Antonio
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every available discount very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy San Antonio auto insurance online.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Telematics Data Discounts – San Antonio drivers who agree to allow their auto insurance company to track driving manner through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote San Antonio auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course in defensive driver may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring multiple cars with the same auto insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below shows the difference between Acura RL car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, anti-theft, education and occupation, pay-in-full, good student, and multi-car.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, good student, passive restraint, driver’s education, safe vehicle, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- Esurance may include discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, Pac-12 alumni, emergency road assistance, and paid-in-full.
- Nationwide has discounts for multi-policy, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, and defensive driving.
When getting free San Antonio auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. For a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Texas, click this link.
Rate information and statistics
The rate table shown next highlights estimates of insurance rates for Acura RL models. Being able to understand how auto insurance prices are formulated can help drivers make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RL 3.7 with Tech Package||$286||$602||$400||$24||$120||$1,432||$119|
|RL 3.7 with Tech/CMBS Package||$286||$602||$400||$24||$120||$1,432||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific location which can affect auto insurance rates substantially.
Premiums by gender and age
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Acura RL insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Do you need full coverage?
The chart below shows the comparison of Acura RL insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no set guideline to exclude full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Acura RL replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Acura RL Insurance
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
The items below are just a few of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Big cities mean more claims – Choosing to live in areas with lower population has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. City drivers have to deal with congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims.
Marriage pays dividends – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount when buying auto insurance. Marriage usually means you are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Cautious drivers pay less – Just one citation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with license-revoking violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can impact Acura RL car insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Too many insurance claims and you’ll pay more – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Texas generally give cheaper rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Poor credit rating equals high rates – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit history is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Acura RL by improving your credit score.
Insurance loss probability for an Acura RL – Insurance companies use historical loss data to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Acura RL vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Acura Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RLX 4dr||128||63||179||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Comparing quotes from local San Antonio auto insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is especially important in San Antonio.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in San Antonio who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How long have they been in business?
- Does their agency support local causes in San Antonio?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Will one accident increase rates?
It’s not one size fits all
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Affordable insurance is out there
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to compare Acura RL insurance car insurance rates in San Antonio. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote San Antonio auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Budget-friendly insurance in San Antonio can be bought on the web and with local San Antonio insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable San Antonio Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)