No one in their right mind looks forward to paying for car insurance, especially knowing they could find better rates elsewhere.
Shocking but true, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. San Antonio consumers could save up to 70% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy. There are many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it's nice to have a selection, more options can take longer to find the best rates for Toyota Camry insurance in San Antonio.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons before your policy renews because car insurance prices change regularly. Just because you had the best rates on Toyota Camry insurance in San Antonio a year ago there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because it's time to teach you the best way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in San Antonio, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most banks will force you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Toyota at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to save money.
Toyota Camry insurance analysis
The rate information displayed next outlines estimates of coverage prices for Toyota Camry models. Learning how insurance premiums are formulated can help you make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease premium rates considerably.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Toyota Camry insurance costs for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Do you need full coverage?
The diagram below compares Toyota Camry insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact rule of when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Toyota Camry replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $300 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Companies do not advertise the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden auto insurance savings. If they aren't giving you every credit you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Anti-theft Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a San Antonio car insurance quote.
- Driver's Ed - Require your teen driver to enroll in driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Accident Waiver - This one isn't a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates so long as you haven't had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Smart Student Discounts - Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Own a Home - Owning a house in San Antonio can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total Camry insurance premium.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking part in a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- 55 and Retired - Seniors may qualify for better auto insurance rates.
Don't be shocked that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Camry insurance prices with and without discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above are:
Before buying, ask each company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available everywhere. To choose companies who offer online Toyota Camry insurance quotes in San Antonio, click this link.