Scraping up a payment for overpriced Nissan Maxima insurance in San Antonio can sap your savings, especially in this economy. Comparing cost estimates can help to cut your insurance bill.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Texas being $2,680, drivers could save themselves up to 70% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rates. Companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO continually hit you with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to see past the geckos and flying pigs and do the work needed to find the best deal.
All the larger auto insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO provide pricing on the web. Getting online rates for Nissan Maxima insurance in San Antonio is pretty easy as you just type in your coverage information as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, their rating system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information based on these and other factors. Getting online rate quotes for Nissan Maxima insurance in San Antonio makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the lowest possible payments on auto insurance.
To save time and compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This ensures you will get a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in San Antonio, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Nissan Maxima insurance rate analysis
The data table shown next highlights estimates of coverage prices for Nissan Maxima models. Having a good grasp of how insurance policy rates are determined can aid in making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Maxima 3.5 S||$318||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,434||$120|
|Maxima 3.5 SV||$318||$660||$400||$24||$120||$1,522||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease premium rates greatly.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Nissan Maxima annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Nissan Maxima insurance premiums by gender
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Maxima car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurers do not list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy San Antonio car insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- College Student – Kids who live away from home at college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote San Antonio car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a San Antonio car insurance quote.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper Maxima insurance.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable driving data submission to analyze when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Maxima insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy San Antonio car insurance online.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount should help reduce the amount you have to pay.
The example below shows the difference between Nissan Maxima premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To view insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in San Antonio, click here to view.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in San Antonio, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Nissan for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Texas overpays as much as $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance can be complex
When quoting and choosing your policy, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Many people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free San Antonio car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurance company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How many companies do they write for?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in San Antonio can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can sell and service insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know how they are different since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
The following are San Antonio exclusive agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in San Antonio that can give you rate quotes.
Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr – San Antonio, TX 78221 – (210) 593-8935 – View Map
A and A Insurance Agency
1317 Castroville Rd – San Antonio, TX 78237 – (210) 434-2311 – View Map