Are you tired of overpaying and want cheaper Lincoln Continental insurance in San Antonio? Locating low-cost insurance for a Lincoln Continental in Texas can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier. There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to compare rates for a new or used Lincoln and get the lowest price either online or from San Antonio insurance agents.
It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who shop for lower rates are highly likely to switch companies because there are good odds of finding lower rate quotes. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved an average of $70 a month as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving money on insurance is why you’re here, then having some insight into how to quote and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
Smart consumers take time to check auto insurance prices once or twice a year because prices change frequently. Even if you got the best rates on Lincoln Continental insurance in San Antonio a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the tricks you need to know to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in San Antonio can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have coverage now or want to find a cheaper company, take advantage of these tips to buy cheaper auto insurance and still get good coverage. Comparison shoppers just need to know the proper way to compare different rates online from multiple companies.
Most of the larger companies like State Farm and Allstate make it easy to get insurance quotes online. Getting Lincoln Continental insurance prices online is quite easy as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire on the page. When complete, the company’s rating system will obtain your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information based on many factors.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for cheaper auto insurance pricing.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will be getting a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lincoln Continental in San Antonio, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Continental, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Lincoln at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Continental more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in San Antonio is overpaying over $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get cheaper Lincoln Continental insurance in San Antonio with discounts
Insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Continental insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Progressive and Allstate may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Distant Student – Kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next insurance statement.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount should definitely cut your overall bill.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, air bags, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, driver training, and early quote.
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, driver training, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, newly married, new move discount, safety features, and multi-policy.
- American Family has discounts for good student, mySafetyValet, accident-free, early bird, air bags, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
When getting free San Antonio auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply in San Antonio. To see a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, click here to view.