Would you like to save money by finding the cheapest auto insurance rates in San Antonio, TX? San Antonio drivers have a choice when trying to find low-cost Lexus IS 200t insurance. You can either waste hours calling around getting price quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the proper way to get price quotes for a Lexus and find the cheapest rates from San Antonio insurance agents and online providers.
It’s amazing but most consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Texas drivers could pocket about $1,770 a year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
Our objective is to let you in on how auto insurance companies operate and some tricks to saving. If you have coverage now, you will be able to save money using these techniques. Shoppers just need to learn the most efficient way to compare price quotes online.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in San Antonio, TX. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Student in College – Children living away from San Antonio attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To locate insurance companies who offer free Lexus IS 200t insurance quotes in San Antonio, click here to view.
Informed Drivers Know How to Quote Insurance at a Discount
Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- When should you not file a insurance claims? – Auto insurance companies in Texas generally give the best rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- Costs for males may be higher – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes have accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance level of the vehicle you need to insure makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The lowest performance passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Bad drivers pay high rates – Being a careful driver impacts premiums far more than you think. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have received severe citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Lower rates come with age – Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations. Drivers with little experience are known to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Some insurance companies provide better rates to people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare other San Antonio IS 200t insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still save even more even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Can a thief steal your car? – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.