Pretty sure you bought an overpriced insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because many San Antonio drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Unbelievable but true, most consumers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Texas drivers can cut their rates by $1,800 a year, but they just feel it’s too hard to shop around.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company and get the best coverage at the best rate on Jeep Cherokee insurance in San Antonio.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes every six months because insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best deal on Jeep Cherokee insurance in San Antonio six months ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the best way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Jeep Cherokee insurance in San Antonio.
If you’re already insured, you will be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Locating the best rates in San Antonio seems hard but is not really that difficult. But Texas drivers must understand the methods companies use to determine prices and apply this information to your search.
The fastest way that we advise to compare policy rates for Jeep Cherokee insurance in San Antonio is to know almost all companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including your general credit rating, if a SR-22 is needed, the ages of drivers, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. That information is then sent to all major companies and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To get price quotes for your Jeep Cherokee now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in San Antonio.
The following companies provide price quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Protect more than your Jeep vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Jeep in San Antonio, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Jeep at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $810 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower Your San Antonio Insurance Premiums
Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not as apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower rates.
- Raise your physical damage deductibles for better rates – Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a broken side mirror, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The larger the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Low stress vocation equals lower rates – Jobs such as fire fighters, social workers, and miners generally pay the highest rates because of high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, careers like actors, historians and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Even one moving violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get serious citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Prices for males may be higher – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females are in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 have the highest risk to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Loss statistics for a Jeep Cherokee – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Percentages below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Jeep Cherokee Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD 76 105 77 87 90 109 Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD 78 115 82 75 79 103BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper Jeep Cherokee insurance in San Antonio is possible online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote San Antonio auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to save on Jeep Cherokee insurance in San Antonio. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Jeep Cherokee rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Much more information about car insurance in Texas can be found at the links below
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)