Have you finally had enough of scraping nickels together to pay insurance each month? You are no different than many other Texas consumers.
Unimaginable but true, almost 70% of insureds in Texas kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. American insurance shoppers could save as much as 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to save money by comparing rate quotes. Popular companies such as Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all promote huge savings with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to ignore the flashy ads and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you're already insured or just want to save money, you can follow these tips to buy cheaper car insurance while maintaining coverages. Buying the cheapest car insurance in San Antonio is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Smart shoppers just need to learn the most time-saving way to compare price quotes online from multiple companies.
Hyundai XG350 insurance quotes comparison
Reducing your Hyundai XG350 insurance rates isn't really that difficult. The only thing you need to do is take a couple of minutes comparing rates from different insurance companies.
Getting free quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to drive around to insurance agents' offices. The ability to get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the advice and guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. However, consumers can comparison shop online and still use a local agent.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Discounts can help save money on Hyundai XG350 insurance in San Antonio
Car insurance companies do not advertise every discount available in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy San Antonio auto insurance online.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower prices.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a San Antonio auto insurance quote.
- Multi-car Discount - Having more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver's education course in high school.
- Good Driver Discounts - Drivers who don't get into accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some car insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current XG350 insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get San Antonio auto insurance quotes online.
- Full Payment Discount - By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car instead of a used XG350 can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
Some of the insurance companies who may offer these discounts possibly include:
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply in your state. To choose insurance companies that offer discounts in San Antonio, click here to view.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your XG350 with a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Hyundai at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Hyundai XG350. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance agents can help
Some people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agents is important especially in San Antonio.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in San Antonio who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to even leave your home because prices are sent immediately to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in San Antonio can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in San Antonio who can help you get pricing information.
Legion Insurance Agency
5309 Wurzbach Rd - San Antonio, TX 78230 - (210) 693-1501 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in San Antonio that can give you rate quotes.
Deciding on an car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How are claims handled?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
After talking to the agent and getting good responses to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your car insurance policy.