Did a good deal turn into an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because you’re not the only one.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who compare rates annually are likely to buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent study showed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $865 a year as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly Honda HR-V insurance is why you’re here, then having a grasp of how to quote and compare coverages can help simplify the process.
Multiple insurers compete for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to discover the definitive lowest cost out there.
It’s a great practice to check insurance prices at least once a year because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on Honda HR-V insurance in San Antonio a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. There are lots of tips to save on HR-V insurance online but we’re going to give you some solid techniques on how to save money.
If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the tips covered below. Locating the best insurance company for you in San Antonio can be made easier if you know where to look. But Texas vehicle owners can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies sell online because it varies considerably.
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from many auto insurance companies in Texas. By far the easiest way to find the lowest Honda HR-V rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Getting free rate quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it obsolete to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing Honda HR-V insurance rate quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the guidance of a local San Antonio agent. Although you can comparison shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency. When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing more quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best price. Not every company does online San Antonio HR-V insurance quotes, so you need to compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost San Antonio car insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every possible discount very well, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy San Antonio auto insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in San Antonio could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Antonio auto insurance quote in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Telematics Devices – San Antonio drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total HR-V insurance premium.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, accident-free, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, good student, family plan, and easy pay.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, air bags, good student, membership and employees, and federal employee.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, multi-car, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- 21st Century discounts include student driver, defensive driver, driver training, anti-lock brakes, air bags, 55 and older, and good student.
- The Hartford has savings for defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and good student.
When quoting, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not be available in San Antonio. If you would like to view companies with the best Honda HR-V insurance discounts in San Antonio, click here to view.
What Affects Honda HR-V Insurance Costs?
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help calculate insurance rates. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Car plus home equals more savings – Most larger insurance companies provide lower prices to customers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still be able to save more without the discount by buying from different companies
Advanced alarms and GPS tracking – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
Limits of liability protection – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Gaps in coverage mean higher prices – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a quick way to pay more for insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
The type of car makes a difference – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a huge difference in your premium level. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Better drivers pay lower prices – Even one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have dangerous violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Prices and your address – Being located in less populated areas is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
High premiums for teenage drivers – Drivers with little experience are proven to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a beginning driver to your insurance policy can break the bank. Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
Neighborhood San Antonio auto insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to companies in San Antonio who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent in San Antonio should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
If you’re trying to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in San Antonio can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are exclusive agents in San Antonio who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you should always contact at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are San Antonio independent insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
One last thing to lower rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Honda HR-V insurance in San Antonio. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper insurance in San Antonio is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in San Antonio, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Antonio Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)