Overpriced insurance in San Antonio can empty your family’s budget and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing cost estimates can help to tighten up your finances.
A recent survey discovered that a large majority of insurance policyholders in Texas kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. The average driver in the U.S. could cut their rates by approximately $859 a year, but they don’t invest the time required to find cheap insurance by shopping around. Many insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to discover the definitive best price available on Ford GT insurance in San Antonio.
If you’re already insured or just want cheaper rates, use these techniques to buy cheaper car insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in San Antonio is much easier if you know where to start. You just need to understand the most efficient way to compare prices online.
Companies offering low-cost Ford GT prices in San Antonio, TX
The following companies offer comparison quotes in San Antonio, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Take policy discounts and save on Ford GT insurance in San Antonio
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before being credited.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course in driver safety could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current GT insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Accident-Free Discounts – San Antonio drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Antonio car insurance quote in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring several vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow data collection to track driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts should help lower the premium cost.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, air bags, and anti-theft.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, and accident-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Travelers discounts include IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, driver training, multi-car, student away at school, home ownership, and early quote.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safe driver, drive less, safe driver, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- AAA offers discounts including good student, pay-in-full, multi-policy, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in San Antonio. To see a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click this link.
The Ford GT Insurance Premium Equation
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The following are just a few of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Does insurance cost less for women? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women have accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Commute or pleasure use – The more you drive in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy correctly shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your GT may be costing you higher rates.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are many add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
- Cut rates and deter theft – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
- With age comes responsibility – Young drivers in Texas tend to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Having to add a youthful driver onto a policy can be very expensive. Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most insurance companies will award better rates to buyers who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.
Buying car insurance from San Antonio auto insurance agents
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agents is definitely important in San Antonio.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in San Antonio that provide free San Antonio car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they work. Insurance agencies in San Antonio are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell car insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rates, you definitely need to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in San Antonio who can help you get pricing information.
Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr – San Antonio, TX 78221 – (210) 593-8935 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are well schooled in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Antonio that can give you price quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
A conclusion for your insurance search
We just presented many tips how you can compare Ford GT insurance rates in San Antonio. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
More affordable insurance in San Antonio can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Antonio Car Insurance Quotes for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Antonio Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Antonio Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)