Want to save money and find more affordable auto insurance rates in San Antonio, TX? San Antonio drivers have lots of choices when trying to find low-cost Audi A4 insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Audi and locate the cheapest rates either online or from San Antonio insurance agents.
Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Many consumers in San Antonio could cut their rates by 70% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they changed companies.
You should make it a habit to shop coverage around before your next renewal because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Audi A4 insurance in San Antonio a few years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. You can find a lot of information about A4 insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn the easiest ways to slash your auto insurance rates in San Antonio.
Finding Audi A4 insurance in San Antonio, Texas
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in San Antonio, TX. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The coverage table shown below highlights a range of insurance policy prices for Audi A4 models. Learning how auto insurance policy rates are calculated is important for drivers to make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$286||$660||$430||$26||$128||$1,530||$128|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$572||$430||$26||$128||$1,442||$120|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$286||$572||$430||$26||$128||$1,442||$120|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$286||$660||$430||$26||$128||$1,530||$128|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$660||$430||$26||$128||$1,562||$130|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$660||$430||$26||$128||$1,562||$130|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$660||$430||$26||$128||$1,562||$130|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$318||$660||$430||$26||$128||$1,562||$130|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$660||$430||$26||$128||$1,562||$130|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$660||$430||$26||$128||$1,562||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can change premium rates significantly.
Auto insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your A4, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves your Audi A4 and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Audi gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Audi A4 insurance in San Antonio
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for better insurance rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents get the best insurance rates as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount when getting a San Antonio auto insurance quote.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to track driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Audi A4 insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policies in San Antonio. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in San Antonio, click this link.
When do I need to talk to a local insurance agent?
A lot of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in San Antonio.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in San Antonio who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How long has the business existed?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability coverages – This will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 bodily injury coverage, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as structural damage, medical services and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not provide you with enough coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Audi A4.
Since many Texas drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for EMT expenses, chiropractic care and ambulance fees. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto coverage – This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as theft, vandalism, fire damage and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your A4 resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your A4 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
In the end, you can save money
We just covered some good ideas how to find affordable Audi A4 insurance in San Antonio. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost San Antonio auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, high prices, not issuing a premium refund and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
Low-cost Audi A4 insurance in San Antonio can be found online and also from your neighborhood San Antonio agents, so you need to shop San Antonio auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Antonio Car Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Antonio Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Antonio Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)