Do you need a better way to compare more competitive Saab 9-3 insurance in San Antonio? Finding the cheapest insurance for a new or used Saab 9-3 in Texas can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our car insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and we'll show you the proper way to price shop coverage for your Saab and locate the lowest possible price from both online companies and San Antonio agents.
You should make it a habit to compare premium rates before your next renewal because prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes on Saab 9-3 insurance in San Antonio a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can search a lot of 9-3 insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some tested techniques to reduce your car insurance bill.
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking time to complete a course in driver safety could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Sign Early and Save - Select insurance companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current 9-3 insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don't have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- College Student Discount - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from San Antonio without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Saab 9-3 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- American Family offers discounts for good driver, good student, bundled insurance, early bird, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide discounts include multi-policy, easy pay, anti-theft, good student, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free
- 21st Century offers discounts including driver training, student driver, 55 and older, defensive driver, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for good student, multi-car, alternative fuel, homeowner, and teen driver.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, resident student, anti-theft, good student, good payer, and anti-lock brakes.
Check with every company what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not be offered on policies in San Antonio. To see a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, click here.
Lowering your Saab 9-3 auto insurance rates doesn't have to be difficult. You just have to invest a little time comparing free San Antonio car insurance quotes to find out which insurance company has cheaper San Antonio car insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Coverage statistics and figures
The premium information displayed next outlines estimates of insurance policy prices for Saab 9-3 models. Being more informed about how insurance policy premiums are formulated can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-3 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$416||$422||$24||$126||$1,186||$99|
|9-3 2.0T Station Wagon||$198||$416||$422||$24||$126||$1,186||$99|
|9-3 2.0T XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$416||$422||$24||$126||$1,186||$99|
|9-3 Aero 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$478||$422||$24||$126||$1,270||$106|
|9-3 2.0T 2-Dr Convertible||$220||$478||$496||$30||$148||$1,372||$114|
|9-3 2.0T XWD Station Wagon||$220||$478||$422||$24||$126||$1,270||$106|
|9-3 Aero Station Wagon||$220||$478||$422||$24||$126||$1,270||$106|
|9-3 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$478||$422||$24||$126||$1,270||$106|
|9-3 Aero 2-Dr Convertible||$242||$542||$496||$30||$148||$1,458||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect insurance rates greatly.
Auto insurance rates by age and gender
The chart below shows the comparison of Saab 9-3 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The illustration below shows the difference between Saab 9-3 auto insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no specific rule that is best for determining when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Saab 9-3 settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing in excess of $500 annually for full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Saab 9-3 Insurance Prices Can Be Lower
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help determine car insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine premiums.
Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? - Many companies give lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare Saab 9-3 rates in San Antonio to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Rates and vocation - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as judges, architects, and dentists have higher average rates because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other jobs like professors, students and homemakers pay the least.
Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles - The make and model of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. The best insurance prices are usually for lower cost passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The chart below assumes a married female driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Saab 9-3 car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
Low mileage costs less - The more miles you rack up on your Saab every year the more you will pay for car insurance. Many insurance companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. Verify your car insurance coverage is showing the right rating data. Having the wrong rating on your 9-3 may be costing you higher rates.
High credit saves on car insurance - Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. If your credit history is lower than you'd like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Saab 9-3 if you improve your credit rating.
Don't cut corners with liability protection - The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
Getting married reduces risk - Your spouse may cut your premiums when shopping for car insurance. Marriage translates into being more stable financially and it's proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Insurance quotes from local San Antonio insurance agents
A lot of people would rather sit down with an agent. Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agents is definitely important in San Antonio.
After completing this quick form, your information is emailed to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you want a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they operate. San Antonio agents are categorized either independent or exclusive. Both types can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know how they differ because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in San Antonio that may be able to give free insurance quotes.
- Legion Insurance Agency
5309 Wurzbach Rd - San Antonio, TX 78230 - (210) 693-1501 - View Map
- Bapodra Insurance Agency, Inc
8607 Wurzbach Rd #101 - San Antonio, TX 78240 - (210) 696-1133 - View Map
- Affordable Health Insurance Agency, LLC
7330 San Pedro Ave #150 - San Antonio, TX 78216 - (210) 738-3537 - View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Below are exclusive agents in San Antonio who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Luis Corral - State Farm Insurance Agent
4416 Ramsgate St #101 - San Antonio, TX 78230 - (210) 696-6324 - View Map
- Alex Post - State Farm Insurance Agent
2602 North Loop 1604 W #108 - San Antonio, TX 78248 - (210) 479-2539 - View Map
- Mary Ellen Jablonski - State Farm Insurance Agent
2606 TPC Pkwy #107 - San Antonio, TX 78259 - (210) 829-1778 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. Any agent in San Antonio should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Saab 9-3 in San Antonio, paying for insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Saab, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Saab at a significantly higher premium and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your Saab gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal or even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
A few companies don't offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced Saab 9-3 insurance in San Antonio is possible online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
We've covered many tips how you can reduce Saab 9-3 insurance car insurance rates online in San Antonio. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Antonio Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)