Finding low cost Nissan Rogue insurance in San Antonio can be kind of frustrating for drivers who are new to online comparison shopping. You have so many options that it can quickly become a real challenge to compare prices in Texas on Nissan Rogue insurance.
Everyone knows that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who get price quotes annually will, in all likelihood, move their business because of the good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A study showed that people who regularly compared price quotes saved as much as $860 a year as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If saving the most money on car insurance is your intention, then having some insight into the best way to compare coverages can help simplify the process.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance company rates for Nissan Rogue insurance in San Antonio is to realize most of the bigger providers have advanced systems to compare rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information such as how your vehicles are used, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, driver details, and an estimate of your credit level. That rating information gets transmitted to multiple auto insurance providers and they return cost estimate immediately.
To compare multiple company cheaper Nissan Rogue insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower rate quotes with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings.
- Military Rewards - Having an actively deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Distant Student Discount - Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote San Antonio auto insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Defensive Driver - Participating in a course teaching driver safety skills could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Good Student - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
Don't be surprised that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
The chart below shows the difference between Nissan Rogue annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- American Family offers discounts including TimeAway discount, accident-free, good driver, early bird, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-policy, renewal discount, youthful driver, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, multiple autos, good student, and safe vehicle.
- Travelers may have discounts that include save driver, early quote, continuous insurance, home ownership, new car, good student, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- The Hartford has savings for defensive driver, bundle, good student, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and air bag.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, daytime running lights, military active duty, seat belt use, and driver training.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not be offered in San Antonio. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer free Nissan Rogue insurance quotes in Texas, follow this link.
Insurance coverage analysis
The premium information shown below highlights different insurance costs for Nissan Rogue models. Learning a little about how policy premiums are determined can help guide drivers when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Rogue S 2WD||$140||$260||$404||$24||$122||$950||$79|
|Rogue S AWD||$140||$260||$404||$24||$122||$950||$79|
|Rogue SL 2WD||$140||$260||$404||$24||$122||$950||$79|
|Rogue SL AWD||$140||$306||$404||$24||$122||$996||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific location which can alter premiums substantially.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below illustrates the difference between Nissan Rogue insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There isn't a written rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Nissan Rogue settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing you more than $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
What if I want to buy from local San Antonio insurance agencies?
Many people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agents is especially important in San Antonio.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can provide free San Antonio auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. It's the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from local San Antonio agents, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, you will want to get quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with companies you've never heard of which could offer lower prices.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in San Antonio who can help you get free price quotes.
- A.R.M. Insurance Agency
1534 W Contour Dr #101 - San Antonio, TX 78212 - (210) 828-7873 - View Map
- A and A Insurance Agency
1317 Castroville Rd - San Antonio, TX 78237 - (210) 434-2311 - View Map
- Bapodra Insurance Agency, Inc
8607 Wurzbach Rd #101 - San Antonio, TX 78240 - (210) 696-1133 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Antonio that are able to give price quotes.
- Deserae Navarro - State Farm Insurance Agent
5975 Bandera Rd - San Antonio, TX 78238 - (210) 647-7975 - View Map
- Austin Riley - State Farm Insurance Agent
11726 Ste 102A, I-35 - San Antonio, TX 78233 - (210) 514-1120 - View Map
- Robert Tijerina - State Farm Insurance Agent
8802 Potranco Rd Ste 105 - San Antonio, TX 78251 - (210) 684-3800 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your car insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions might point out whether you could use an agent's help.
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help calculate car insurance rates. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower premium levels. Lots of factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious like where you live or your commute time.
Careless drivers pay higher prices - Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers with clean records get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Getting just one ticket may increase your cost substantially. People who have severe violations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state's licensing department in order to keep their license.
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders can influence Nissan Rogue insurance premiums for different age groups. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Small claims can cost you - Car insurance companies in Texas generally give the lowest premiums to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Responsible credit scores equal low prices - Having a good credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower ratings. If your credit can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Nissan Rogue by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Consider raising physical damage deductibles - Comp and collision deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, also called 'full coverage', covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be rear-ending another vehicle, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you're willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
Reduce premiums by driving safer vehicles - Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Nissan Rogue has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
Insurance losses for a Nissan Rogue - Auto insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting premium rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher premium rates. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Nissan Rogue vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Rogue 4dr 2WD||94||91||77||116||108||93|
|Nissan Rogue 4dr 4WD||94||92||79||117||106||87|
|Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 2WD||100||119||69||165||169||115|
|Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 4WD||107||136||69||154||159||132|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in San Antonio, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Nissan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Nissan but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are inline.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Affordable Nissan Rogue insurance in San Antonio is available on the web and from local insurance agents, so get free San Antonio auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not provide online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you many ways to compare Nissan Rogue insurance prices in San Antonio. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Antonio Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)