Nissan Pathfinder insurance policy image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Want low-cost Nissan Pathfinder insurance in San Antonio? Trying to find low-cost insurance for a new or used Nissan Pathfinder in Texas can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates and you need to know the best way to compare rates for a new or used Nissan and locate the lowest possible price either online or from San Antonio insurance agents.
It's an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don't want their policyholders to compare prices. People who shop around at least once a year are likely to buy a different policy because there is a good probability of getting low-cost coverage. A study discovered that people who shopped around annually saved over $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly Nissan Pathfinder insurance is your ultimate target, then having a grasp of the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can make shopping around easier.
It's a good idea to compare premium rates on a regular basis because prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best quotes on Nissan Pathfinder insurance in San Antonio last year you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we're going to demonstrate one of the quickest ways to find better coverage on Nissan Pathfinder insurance in San Antonio at a better price.
Finding a better price on car insurance is actually quite simple. Drivers just need to take a few minutes to compare rates online with multiple companies.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Car insurance is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in San Antonio, car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Pathfinder, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Nissan at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Nissan Pathfinder detailed coverage information
The coverage information below highlights a range of coverage prices for Nissan Pathfinder models. Having knowledge of how insurance prices are established can be valuable when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pathfinder S 2WD||$208||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,054||$88|
|Pathfinder S 4WD||$240||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,086||$91|
|Pathfinder SE 2WD||$240||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,086||$91|
|Pathfinder SE 4WD||$240||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,086||$91|
|Pathfinder LE 2WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Pathfinder LE 4WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific San Antonio garaging location which can revise premium rates considerably.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Nissan Pathfinder annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The chart below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders can influence Nissan Pathfinder insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums assume a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums for males versus females in San Antonio
The chart below illustrates the difference between Nissan Pathfinder yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The illustration below shows the comparison of Nissan Pathfinder auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no definitive formula to delete physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Nissan Pathfinder settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
San Antonio insurance discounts for a Nissan Pathfinder
Auto insurance companies don't always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Online Discount - Certain insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for several vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Professional Memberships - Being in a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Own a Home - Owning a house in San Antonio can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Driver's Education for Students - Require your teen driver to take driver's ed class in high school.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Driver Training Discounts - Participating in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn't quite work that way.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Pathfinder auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
To find insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Which is the best insurance?
When it comes to adequate coverage, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is a little different and your insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is my trailer covered?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.