Have you had enough of wondering where the money will come from to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as many other Texas consumers.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in San Antonio can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they assume it's a waste of time to shop around. Many insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to find the best rate on Mitsubishi Mirage G4 insurance in San Antonio.
The following companies offer quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Discount San Antonio insurance rates
Some insurers don't always advertise every available discount very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Onboard Data Collection - San Antonio drivers who agree to allow data collection to analyze their driving habits by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed with a military unit may lower your prices slightly.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few larger companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Mirage G4 insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Paperwork-free - Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount simply for signing on their website.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Auto/Life Discount - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better premium rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total Mirage G4 insurance premium.
- Seat Belts Save - Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Don't be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it's just not the way it works.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Travelers may have discounts that include save driver, continuous insurance, multi-car, driver training, and early quote.
- 21st Century discounts include good student, air bags, 55 and older, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, and early bird.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, driver training, daytime running lights, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and federal employee.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, homeowner, multi-car, safe driver, teen safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-car, multi-policy, good student, and pay-in-full.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Some credits might not apply in every state.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Are females or males drivers cheaper? - The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don't assume that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes get in fender benders in similar percentages, but the males tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Your address can influence prices - Having an address in areas with lower population has it's advantages when buying insurance. People in densely populated areas regularly have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages you can purchase on your Mirage G4 policy. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and membership fees could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
- When should you file a insurance claims? - If you file a lot of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Texas generally give the lowest premiums to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Marriage can lower prices - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price when buying insurance. It usually means you are more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Auto insurance agents can help
Certain consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to participating agents in San Antonio who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Where would glass claims be handled in San Antonio?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in San Antonio
When researching a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agencies in San Antonio can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Agents of this type are contracted to one company like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are exclusive agents in San Antonio who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will want to include a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a short list of independent agents in San Antonio that are able to give comparison quotes.
Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr - San Antonio, TX 78221 - (210) 593-8935 - View Map
After getting answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask as well as a price you're happy with, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Does my Mitsubishi Mirage G4 qualify for pleasure use?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Shop around and save
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced auto insurance in San Antonio can be bought online and also from your neighborhood San Antonio agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents.
We covered a lot of tips how to shop for Mitsubishi Mirage G4 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read by following these links:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)