Being forced to pay for high-priced car insurance premiums can dry up your checking account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most car insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. San Antonio drivers could save roughly 70% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they switch to a new company.
You have so many auto insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, more choices can make it harder to find the best rates for Kia Soul EV insurance in San Antonio.
It’s smart to shop coverage around quite often because insurance prices change frequently. If you had the lowest rate on Kia Soul EV insurance in San Antonio last year there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Soul EV insurance online but in this article, you’re going to get some great ideas on how to put money back in your pocket.
Auto insurance providers offering low-cost rates in Texas
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Lower your auto insurance rates with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before being credited.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can save you money because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will bring down your premiums.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, anti-theft, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, good student, electronic funds transfer, distant student, and business and professional.
- GEICO offers discounts for military active duty, defensive driver, seat belt use, anti-theft, and driver training.
- American Family discounts include multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, good student, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, easy pay, business or organization, multi-policy, and family plan.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
Before buying, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Local San Antonio auto insurance agents and insurance
Certain consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in San Antonio.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in San Antonio that give free quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of types of agencies that you can choose from. Agencies in San Antonio are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you compare prices from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in San Antonio who may provide price quote information.
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Antonio willing to provide price quotes.
Selecting a auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How often do they review coverages?
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to find cheap Kia Soul EV insurance in San Antonio. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper San Antonio auto insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Regional companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable San Antonio Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Versa in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Antonio Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)