Are you tired of paying out the nose to pay your insurance bill each month? You are in the same boat as many other Texas drivers.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Texas insurance shoppers could pocket approximately $1,770 a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they changed companies. Because there are so many insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to find the cheapest insurer.
Best companies for competitive Kia Sorento insurance in Texas
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in San Antonio, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Components of Your Kia Sorento Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
The list below includes just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Auto insurance rates and age - Teenage drivers in Texas are statistically shown to get distracted easily behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
- Cautious drivers pay the best premiums - How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Only having one driving citation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have received careless violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
- Raising coverage deductibles saves money - Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Rates may be lower depending on your employer - Jobs like military personnel, executives, and financial analysts are shown to have the highest rates in part from intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs such as professors, students and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Don't skimp on liability coverage - The liability section of your policy kicks in if you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Insurance prices and driver gender - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn't mean females are better at driving than males. Females and males are in accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Poor credit can mean higher premiums - An insured's credit score is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings. So if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Kia Sorento by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Consolidating policies can get discounts - Some auto insurance companies will give lower prices to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, it's in your best interest to compare Kia Sorento rates in San Antonio to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still save money by buying from different companies
Kia Sorento insurance loss data - Companies factor in insurance loss information to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that statistically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher premium rate.
The data below shows the historical loss data for Kia Sorento vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Sorento Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD 80 86 82 110 111 94 Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD 85 87 101 97 98 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a new Sorento may earn a small discount since newer models are generally safer.
- Driver Education Discount - Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in high school.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower prices.
- Data Collection Discounts - People who choose to allow companies to study driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- No Claim Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Antonio car insurance quote as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Professional Organizations - Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in San Antonio is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford includes discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, good student, bundle, and air bag.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for accident-free, type of vehicle, ease of repair, age of vehicle, annual mileage, professional/association, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, military active duty, multi-policy, seat belt use, membership and employees, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, good student, good driver, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, passive restraint, student away at school, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
It's a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your state. If you would like to view companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Can't I compare rates from local San Antonio auto insurance agents?
A lot of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Most agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in San Antonio who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in San Antonio should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in San Antonio?
If you would like to find a local San Antonio insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they work. Insurance agents in San Antonio are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can insure your vehicles, but it's important to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in San Antonio who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in San Antonio that can give you comparison quotes.
A and A Insurance Agency
1317 Castroville Rd - San Antonio, TX 78237 - (210) 434-2311 - View Map
Mesquite Insurance Agency
501 W Quincy St - San Antonio, TX 78212 - (210) 472-3034 - View Map
After receiving good feedback as well as cheap Sorento insurance quotes, you may have just found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your insurance policy.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Affordable Kia Sorento insurance in San Antonio is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not offer internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Antonio Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)