Comparison shopping for more affordable Jeep Compass insurance in San Antonio is always slightly frustrating for drivers who are new to online rate comparisons. With literally dozens of insurers available, it can be a burden to find better prices on Jeep Compass insurance.
Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. San Antonio insurance shoppers could pocket almost 70% a year by just shopping around, but they just don't want to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Car insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Jeep Compass, almost all lenders will force you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Jeep for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Jeep Compass but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $810 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
The price information displayed below outlines detailed analysis of coverage prices for Jeep Compass models. Having a good grasp of how rates are calculated is important for drivers to make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$220||$400||$400||$24||$120||$1,164||$97|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$254||$486||$400||$24||$120||$1,284||$107|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$254||$486||$400||$24||$120||$1,284||$107|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$254||$486||$400||$24||$120||$1,284||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can impact insurance rates noticeably.
Poor driving habits will raise your insurance rates
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and accidents increase Jeep Compass car insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Gender-based insurance rates in San Antonio
The diagram below compares Jeep Compass annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Save a ton by getting discounts
Some companies do not list every possible discount very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous insurance savings.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a San Antonio auto insurance quote.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Defensive Driving Course - Passing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
Don't be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Compass premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for safe driver, driver training, renewal discount, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for teen driver discount, exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include paperless, safe driver, mature driver, multi-policy, paid in full, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO has discounts for membership and employees, air bags, daytime running lights, anti-theft, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, safe driver, homeowner, multi-car, teen safety rewards, and bundle discounts.
When getting free San Antonio auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every company which discounts they offer. Some credits may not apply to policies in your state. To view insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in San Antonio, click here to view.