Saving money on Pontiac Bonneville insurance in San Antonio might be challenging for beginners to comparison shopping online. With dozens of companies, it can easily turn into a big hassle to find the perfect company for you.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who get price comparisons will presumably move their business because there is a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the most affordable insurance is your objective, understanding the best way to compare cheaper coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
Consumers need to check auto insurance prices every six months since insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you had the best price on Pontiac Bonneville insurance in San Antonio on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to get good coverage on Pontiac Bonneville insurance in San Antonio at a lower rate.
Cheaper rates on Pontiac Bonneville insurance in San Antonio with these auto insurance discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Bonneville insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy San Antonio auto insurance online.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used Bonneville is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Auto insurance companies that have these money-saving discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere. To see a list of companies offering auto insurance discounts in San Antonio, follow this link.
Just keep in mind that comparing more prices helps you find a lower rate. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so it’s important to also get rates from them, too.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
How Insurers Determine Pontiac Bonneville Insurance Prices
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find cheaper rates. Many factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
- Vehicle risk impacts premiums – The performance level of the car you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for smaller low performance passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
- How credit score affects insurance prices – Having a bad credit score factor in determining your rates. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Pontiac Bonneville by repairing your credit. Insureds with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit ratings.
- Prevent theft and save – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent auto theft.
- Pay more by driving carelessly – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have received license-revoking tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and choosing your policy, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
You may need help from an insurance agency
A lot of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to companies in San Antonio who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own because prices are sent directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurance company requires more thought than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they function. San Antonio agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in San Antonio who can help you get price quotes.
- Kristin Sorensen – State Farm Insurance Agent
430 W Loop 1604 N Suite 112 – San Antonio, TX 78251 – (210) 682-1200 – View Map
- Jeff Ellis – State Farm Insurance Agent
16350 Blanco Rd #115 – San Antonio, TX 78232 – (210) 641-7711 – View Map
- State Farm: Allen Kaufmann
1583 Thousand Oaks – San Antonio, TX 78232 – (210) 496-5616 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of which may have better rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in San Antonio that are able to give price quote information.
- A and A Insurance Agency
1317 Castroville Rd – San Antonio, TX 78237 – (210) 434-2311 – View Map
- A.R.M. Insurance Agency
1534 W Contour Dr #101 – San Antonio, TX 78212 – (210) 828-7873 – View Map
- Legion Insurance Agency
5309 Wurzbach Rd – San Antonio, TX 78230 – (210) 693-1501 – View Map
Buying the right Pontiac Bonneville insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in San Antonio, car insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Pontiac, most lenders will force you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Pontiac for a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Pontiac but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Pontiac as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Texas is overpaying over $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
We just showed you many ways to compare Pontiac Bonneville insurance premium rates in San Antonio. The key thing to remember is the more you quote San Antonio auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive San Antonio auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Lower-priced Pontiac Bonneville insurance in San Antonio can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in these articles:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Antonio Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Antonio Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Mazda CX-7 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)