Searching for better insurance prices for a new or used Land Rover LR3 in Texas can turn out to be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to find lower rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Land Rover and locate the lowest price.
You need to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because auto insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest rates on Land Rover LR3 insurance in San Antonio two years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. You can search a lot of LR3 insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you a lot of great tips on how to stop overpaying for insurance in San Antonio.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper rates, you can use these tips to find the best rates without sacrificing coverage. Comparing rates for cheaper policy in San Antonio is not as time-consuming as you think. You just need to use the most effective way to compare rates on the web.
Lower Your San Antonio Insurance Rates
Lots of things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
Better drivers pay better rates – Having just one ticket may increase your cost substantially. Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get careless citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
More performance means higher prices – The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a big difference in determining your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are generally reserved for the lowest performance passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Claims cost money – If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Texas award better rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Bundle policies and save money – Some insurers provide discounts to people that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Prevent your car from being stolen – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop car theft.
Premiums are affected by your credit history – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your Land Rover LR3 if you improve your credit rating. People that have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores.
Annual miles is a factor – The more you drive your Land Rover each year the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating reflects the right rating data. A policy that improperly rates your LR3 can result in significantly higher rates.
Do you really need the add-on coverages? – There are many extra add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
Finding Land Rover LR3 insurance in San Antonio, TX
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Land Rover in San Antonio, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your LR3 has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Land Rover at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver overpays as much as $810 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Score discounts to get cheaper San Antonio car insurance rates
Some providers don’t necessarily list all available discounts very well, so the list below contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current LR3 insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy San Antonio car insurance online.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used LR3 can save up to 30% since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Land Rover can earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Driving Data Discount – San Antonio drivers who agree to allow companies to analyze when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- 21st Century offers discounts including driver training, good student, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, multiple autos, good student, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide may include discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, and defensive driving.
- Esurance may have discounts that include multi-policy, Switch & Save, anti-lock brakes, safety device, paid-in-full, and good driver.
- The Hartford has savings for good student, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and defensive driver.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts they offer. Savings might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see a list of insurance companies who offer free Land Rover LR3 insurance quotes in San Antonio, follow this link.
Compare rates but work with a neighborhood San Antonio auto insurance agent
Some consumers still like to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is definitely important in San Antonio.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in San Antonio that provide free San Antonio car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents in San Antonio may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in San Antonio that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
- Ellis Insurance Agency
15335 San Pedro Ave – San Antonio, TX 78232 – (210) 979-9000 – View Map
- Legion Insurance Agency
5309 Wurzbach Rd – San Antonio, TX 78230 – (210) 693-1501 – View Map
- Mesquite Insurance Agency
501 W Quincy St – San Antonio, TX 78212 – (210) 472-3034 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive agents in San Antonio that can give you price quotes.
- Trent Rosenkranz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1840 S General McMullen Dr #109 – San Antonio, TX 78226 – (210) 433-9000 – View Map
- Enrique Enriquez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8359 Perrin Beitel Rd – San Antonio, TX 78218 – (210) 967-8669 – View Map
- Raul Benavides III – State Farm Insurance Agent
6900 San Pedro Ave #135 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 824-5724 – View Map
Picking a insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Any agent in San Antonio should have no problem answering these questions:
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Does the company have a local claim office in San Antonio?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
If you get acceptable answers to these questions and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that will insure your vehicles. Keep in mind it’s your policy and you can cancel coverage whenever you choose to so never feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific company with no way to switch.
Different people need different insurance coverages
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Cover all your bases
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests and extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.
We just showed you many ways to shop for Land Rover LR3 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Antonio Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Versa in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)