Want to learn how to save money and find more competitive Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in San Antonio? Did a good deal turn into overpriced Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in San Antonio? Don't feel bad because many San Antonio drivers have buyer's remorse.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Most drivers in the U.S. can save nearly $859 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare other rate quotes. Insurance companies such as GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm all promote huge savings with ad campaigns and it is difficult to see past the corporate glitz and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Consumers need to take a look at other company's rates yearly because insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the best rates on Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in San Antonio six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Fusion Hybrid insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you're going to learn some great ideas on how to lower your insurance bill.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional in Texas
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Fusion Hybrid in San Antonio, insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford Fusion Hybrid, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your car and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance rates and statistics
The rate table displayed next outlines estimates of insurance policy prices for Ford Fusion Hybrid models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance premiums are established can help you make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$788||$538||$32||$162||$1,838||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase coverage prices greatly.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Ford Fusion Hybrid annual premium costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Reckless driving habits raise insurance rates
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can increase Ford Fusion Hybrid car insurance rates for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance premiums by gender and age
The diagram below compares Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The example below visualizes the comparison of Ford Fusion Hybrid car insurance rates with and without full coverage. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no exact formula of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Ford Fusion Hybrid replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
You may qualify for discounts for Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in San Antonio
Some insurers don't always list every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so we break down a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Safe Drivers - Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- No Accidents - Good drivers with no accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison with bad drivers.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Have your child participate in a local driver's education class in high school.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Online Discount - Certain car insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums assume a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including good student, safe driver, multi-policy, renewal discount, 55 and retired, and driver training.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, multi-policy, seat belt use, daytime running lights, air bags, and good student.
- SAFECO includes discounts for homeowner, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Savings might not apply everywhere. To find companies with discount car insurance rates in Texas, follow this link.
There's no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When quoting and comparing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Ford Fusion Hybrid is totaled?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.