Chevy Cruze insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Trying to find low-cost insurance for your Chevy Cruze in Texas can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Chevy and find the lowest price either online or from San Antonio insurance agents.
You should take the time to price shop coverage as often as possible due to the fact that insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the lowest rates on Chevy Cruze insurance in San Antonio a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to get good coverage on Chevy Cruze insurance in San Antonio at a lower rate.
If you have insurance now or just want to save money, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums without reducing coverage. Comparing quotes for the most affordable protection in San Antonio is actually quite simple. Comparison shoppers just need to use the most efficient way to get comparison quotes online from multiple companies.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is a great way to save money. All that's required is to take a few minutes to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance protects your Chevy Cruze and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $825 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Chevy Cruze insurance in San Antonio
Insurance can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Most are applied when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Paperless Signup - A few larger online companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on your computer.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you combine your auto and home insurance with one company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Accident Waiver - Not a discount per se, but certain companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Anti-theft System - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Having primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver's Education for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Telematics Data - People who choose to allow data collection to analyze their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
It's important to note that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky. But any discount will help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, passive restraint, accident-free, anti-theft, student away at school, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, military active duty, daytime running lights, federal employee, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate has discounts for teenSMART discount, 55 and retired, resident student, premier discount, EZ pay plan discount, and senior citizen.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include homeowner, accident prevention training, safe driver, drive less, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-vehicle, renewal discount, multi-policy, driver training, and 55 and retired.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply everywhere. To view insurers with the best discounts in San Antonio, follow this link.
Can't I get rate quotes from local San Antonio insurance agents?
Some consumers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in San Antonio that can provide free San Antonio car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurance company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long has the business existed?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is there a local claims center in San Antonio?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
How much can you save?
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium and policy cancellation. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies is less work than it seems.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Chevy Cruze insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Chevrolet Cruze insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from the least-expected company.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)