Tired of scraping the payment together to pay your insurance bill each month? You have the same problem as the majority of other vehicle owners in Texas.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. Texas insurance shoppers could save themselves almost $1,800 a year, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they changed companies. You have so many car insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to find the best rates for Lincoln MKC insurance in San Antonio.
You should take the time to check insurance prices before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance prices change frequently. If you had the lowest rate on Lincoln MKC insurance in San Antonio two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Don’t believe everything you read about MKC insurance online, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn the easiest ways to slash your insurance rates in San Antonio.
All the larger auto insurance companies provide insurance quotes on their websites. The process is pretty easy as you just enter the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on these factors. Being able to quote online for Lincoln MKC insurance in San Antonio makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to perform this step if you want to find the most affordable premium possible.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you are getting a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lincoln MKC in San Antonio, buying car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln MKC has a lienholder, most banks will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards your Lincoln and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Student in College – Older children living away from San Antonio attending college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having several vehicles with the same auto insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best auto insurance rates when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies that have most of the discounts above are:
If you need lower rates, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be offered on policies in San Antonio. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in San Antonio, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local San Antonio auto insurance agents?
Many people just want to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in San Antonio.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in San Antonio who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency because prices are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of agencies from which to choose. Agents are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either can sell car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it may influence which agent you choose.
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you check rates from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in San Antonio who may provide cheap rate quotes.
Legion Insurance Agency
5309 Wurzbach Rd – San Antonio, TX 78230 – (210) 693-1501 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are San Antonio exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- If my Lincoln MKC is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Cheap car insurance rates are available
We covered a lot of information how to find cheap Lincoln MKC insurance in San Antonio. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company.
When you buy San Antonio car insurance online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim, policy non-renewal or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Antonio Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)