Want to learn how to save money and find more affordable insurance rates in San Antonio, TX? San Antonio drivers have a choice when trying to find the lowest priced Honda CR-V insurance. You can either waste hours driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a new or used Honda and find the cheapest rates from both online companies and San Antonio agents.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best deal on Honda CR-V insurance in San Antonio a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're about to learn how to use online quotes to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
The intent of this article is to familiarize you with how car insurance works. If you currently have auto insurance, you will be able to find better prices using the ideas you're about to read. Consumers just have to learn the most efficient way to compare different rates from many different companies.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in San Antonio, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Data for Honda CR-V insurance
The premium information below covers different insurance prices for Honda CR-V models. Being aware of how auto insurance premiums are established is important for you to make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$154||$252||$330||$20||$98||$854||$71|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$154||$252||$330||$20||$98||$854||$71|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$154||$252||$330||$20||$98||$854||$71|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$176||$252||$330||$20||$98||$876||$73|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$176||$252||$330||$20||$98||$876||$73|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$176||$252||$330||$20||$98||$876||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can alter rates significantly.
Honda CR-V insurance rates by age and gender
The chart below compares Honda CR-V insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
These discounts can lower Honda CR-V insurance rates
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don't even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but some must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Multi-line Discount - Select insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Bundle and Save - If you combine your home and auto policies with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few insurance companies allow discounts for signing up early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger online companies will give a small break for buying your policy on your computer.
- Homeowners Savings - Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Don't be surprised that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
The example below compares Honda CR-V auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for safe driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, youthful driver, good student, and 55 and retired.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts including education and occupation, good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- American Family has savings for Steer into Savings, defensive driver, early bird, good student, accident-free, and good driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for daytime running lights, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and emergency military deployment.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, defensive driving training, passive restraint, good driver, safe vehicle, good student, and accident-free.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your area. For a list of providers who offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in San Antonio, paying for auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Honda CR-V, most banks will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Texas overpays as much as $865 each year so it's important to compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Car insurance agents can help
A small number of people still prefer to go talk to an agent. Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in San Antonio.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
The following is a short list of auto insurance companies in San Antonio who can help you get price quote information for Honda CR-V insurance in San Antonio.
- Trent Rosenkranz - State Farm Insurance Agent
1840 S General McMullen Dr #109 - San Antonio, TX 78226 - (210) 433-9000 - View Map
- A and A Insurance Agency
1317 Castroville Rd - San Antonio, TX 78237 - (210) 434-2311 - View Map
- Tim McBroom - State Farm Insurance Agent
8802 Marbach Rd #100 - San Antonio, TX 78227 - (210) 673-3401 - View Map
- Allan Meyer - State Farm Insurance Agent
10130 San Pedro Ave #103 - San Antonio, TX 78216 - (210) 349-1317 - View Map
Deciding on a insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Antonio?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is assistance available after office hours?