I can't think of anyone who looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, particularly when it costs too dang much.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. San Antonio drivers could save $1,800 a year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company. Due to the large number of companies and agents to choose from, it's nearly impossible to find the most cost effective auto insurance company.
Getting a more affordable price on Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance is actually quite simple. You just have to invest a little time to compare rate quotes to discover which company has low cost San Antonio auto insurance quotes.
It's so simple to compare car insurance quotes online replaces the need to drive around to local San Antonio insurance agencies. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the extra assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Drivers can comparison shop your insurance online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don't even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few need to be asked about before you get the savings. If you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Student Driver Training - Have your child take driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a safe driver course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Accident Waiver - Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates as long as you don't have any claims before the accident.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since newer models are generally safer.
- Paperwork-free - Many auto insurance companies provide a small discount get San Antonio auto insurance on their website.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Multi-car Discount - Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with the same auto insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, good driver, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including electronic funds transfer, pay in full, early shopping, bundle discounts, business and professional, and youthful driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, five-year accident-free, air bags, good student, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including student away at school, anti-lock brakes, group or association, anti-theft, multiple vehicles, mature driver, and air bags.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for anti-theft, good student, air bag, driver training, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, driver training, 55 and retired, safe driver, and youthful driver.
- USAA has discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, military installation, vehicle storage, defensive driver, and new vehicle.
It's a good idea to ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some credits might not apply in San Antonio. For a list of auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will force you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Chrysler at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Chrysler gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Comparing quotes from local San Antonio insurance agencies
Many people just want to sit down with an agent. Licensed agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in San Antonio?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How long has their agency been in business in San Antonio?
Types of car insurance agents in San Antonio
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they function. San Antonio agents can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it's important to know how they are different since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to provide other company's prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in San Antonio that are able to give price quote information.
Lisa Ybarbo - State Farm Insurance Agent
803 Castroville Rd #128 - San Antonio, TX 78237 - (210) 434-2711 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to do anything. When comparing insurance rates, it's a good idea to get rate quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in San Antonio that can give you comparison quotes.
Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr - San Antonio, TX 78221 - (210) 593-8935 - View Map
After you get good answers to all your questions as well as a price you're happy with, it's a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly service your insurance policy. But remember, you can cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so don't assume you are locked into a specific agent for any length of time.