Are you tired of trying to find more competitive insurance rates in San Antonio, TX? San Antonio drivers have options when trying to find affordable Acura TLX insurance. They can either waste time calling around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages for your Acura and get the best price possible from both online companies and San Antonio agents.
You need to do price comparisons quite often because insurance rates change frequently. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on Acura TLX insurance in San Antonio a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to find out the right way to get good coverage on Acura TLX insurance in San Antonio at a lower rate.
Best Acura TLX insurance prices in Texas
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower-cost San Antonio insurance rates with discounts
Some providers do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy San Antonio auto insurance online.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive reduced rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less as compared to bad drivers.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total TLX insurance premium.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and Allstate will forgive one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
To view providers offering insurance discounts in San Antonio, click here.
Find Acura TLX Insurance More Affordably
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower premium levels. Many factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other factors are more obscure like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate prices.
- Don’t get traffic citations – Only having one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to file a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
- Bad credit hurts insurance premiums – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Drivers with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit rating is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Acura TLX by repairing your credit.
- Never let your policy lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a quick way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas DMV.
- Teen drivers cost more – Teenage drivers in Texas have a tendency to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Adding a youthful driver to your policy can increase premiums substantially. More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Extra coverages can add up – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your TLX policy. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
- Lower car insurance rates for being claim-free – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Texas award the best rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Stress out and pay more – Occupations like judges, executives, and miners tend to have higher average rates in part from intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations like scientists, engineers and retirees get better rates.
Acura TLX historical loss data – Insurers study historical loss data when they calculate premium prices for each model. Vehicles that have higher loss trends will have higher rates. The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Acura TLX vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Acura TLX Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Acura Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura TLX 4dr 2WD 90 75 97 93 74 77 Acura TLX 4dr 4WD 120 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance quotes from local San Antonio insurance agencies
Many drivers just want to buy from a licensed agent. Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agencies is especially important in San Antonio.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When searching for a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can sell car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you include a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in San Antonio who may provide rate quotes.
- Toubin Insurance Agency
7410 Blanco Rd #385 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 446-0109 – View Map
- A and A Insurance Agency
1317 Castroville Rd – San Antonio, TX 78237 – (210) 434-2311 – View Map
- Grona Boles Martin Bloxsom Insurance Agency
800 Isom Rd # 100 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 366-5094 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are San Antonio exclusive agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Enrique Enriquez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8359 Perrin Beitel Rd – San Antonio, TX 78218 – (210) 967-8669 – View Map
- Joe Trevino – State Farm Insurance Agent
4951 De Zavala Rd – San Antonio, TX 78249 – (210) 694-0866 – View Map
- Donnie Britt – State Farm Insurance Agent
6324 NW Loop 410 – San Antonio, TX 78238 – (210) 647-1174 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Shop smart and save
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver or delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
You just read a lot of techniques to shop for Acura TLX insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)