Would you like an easy way to compare the cheapest Volkswagen Beetle insurance in San Antonio? Searching for better insurance prices for a Volkswagen Beetle in Texas can be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance so we’re going to tell you the best way to get price quotes for a Volkswagen and obtain the best price possible either online or from San Antonio insurance agents.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want to reduce your rates, use these money-saving tips to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage. Quoting more affordable coverage in San Antonio is not as difficult as people think. Drivers only have to learn the best way to get comparison quotes from many companies at once.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Insurance statistics and figures
The information shown below covers estimates of coverage costs for Volkswagen Beetle models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy rates are figured is important for you to make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$154||$306||$330||$20||$98||$908||$76|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$200||$360||$256||$16||$76||$908||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can impact auto insurance rates noticeably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Volkswagen Beetle insurance prices for each different age group. The data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders drive up Volkswagen Beetle insurance prices for different age groups. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance premiums based on gender
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Beetle insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The information below shows the difference between Volkswagen Beetle car insurance rates with and without full coverage. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule of when to phase out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Beetle book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $400 a year to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though San Antonio Beetle insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volkswagen Beetle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen for a lot more money and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Get lower-cost rates by earning these nine discounts
Companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy San Antonio car insurance online.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Volkswagen may allow you to get lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow data collection to analyze driving manner by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in San Antonio can save a few bucks since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle yearly insurance costs with and without discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- American Family may offer discounts for early bird, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, good student, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-policy, safe driver, and driver training.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, safe vehicle, multiple autos, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-policy, save driver, early quote, and new car.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include bundle, anti-theft, good student, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and driver training.
- GEICO offers discounts including five-year accident-free, federal employee, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and membership and employees.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
Compare rate quotes but work with a neighborhood San Antonio auto insurance agent
Some people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an provider requires more thought than just the price. A good agent in San Antonio will have answers to these questions.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
If you are wanting to find local San Antonio agents, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agents in San Antonio are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning the difference between them because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often use the same agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Antonio who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Enrique Enriquez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8359 Perrin Beitel Rd – San Antonio, TX 78218 – (210) 967-8669 – View Map
- Chad Dawson – State Farm Insurance Agent
5890 De Zavala Rd Ste 105 – San Antonio, TX 78249 – (210) 615-7898 – View Map
- Betsy Dippo – State Farm Insurance Agent
19190 Stone Oak Pkwy #112 – San Antonio, TX 78258 – (210) 496-3276 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Below are independent agents in San Antonio willing to provide price quote information.
- Ellis Insurance Agency
15335 San Pedro Ave – San Antonio, TX 78232 – (210) 979-9000 – View Map
- Affordable Health Insurance Agency, LLC
7330 San Pedro Ave #150 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 738-3537 – View Map
- A and A Insurance Agency
1317 Castroville Rd – San Antonio, TX 78237 – (210) 434-2311 – View Map
Once you have good answers for all questions you ask as well as cheaper Beetle insurance quotes, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can properly service your insurance policy. Just remember once you purchase a policy you can cancel your coverage at any point so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to a policy with no way to switch.
Auto insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills such as X-ray expenses, funeral costs, nursing services and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen Beetle.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Texas limits are 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your Beetle resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Beetle to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverage – This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and a broken windshield. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability – This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like legal defense fees, bail bonds and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not be enough.
One last thing to lower rates
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices or even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
Some car insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies sell through independent agents. Budget-conscious Volkswagen Beetle insurance is definitely available both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional car insurance information is located on the following sites:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Antonio Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Antonio Car Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Antonio Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)