If you’re shopping for more affordable insurance on the web, are you overwhelmed by the wide range of insurance choices in your area? Lot’s of other drivers are too. Texas people have so many options that it can turn into a big hassle to find the best rates for Mercury Sable insurance in San Antonio. Everyone knows that San Antonio is a great city to live in, but high insurance rates can make it nearly impossible to affordably buy enough coverage.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who compare rates annually will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding discount prices. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved about $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on Mercury Sable insurance in San Antonio is your target objective, then learning a little about how to shop for cheaper coverage can help simplify the process.
It’s a great practice to quote other rates before your policy renews because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the lowest price on Mercury Sable insurance in San Antonio two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to show you the fastest and easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Locating the best rates in San Antonio is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Virtually every car owner who is required by state law to have insurance will probably be able to find lower rates. But Texas consumers do need to understand how the larger insurance companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Companies offering Mercury Sable insurance in Texas
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Texas. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower-cost Mercury Sable insurance in San Antonio
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Mercury could earn substantially lower insurance rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course in defensive driving is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable their insurance company to monitor driving manner by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your San Antonio auto insurance quote.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military can result in better prices.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Sable insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Save over 55 – Seniors could receive better insurance rates.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
Companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for pay in full, youthful driver, homeowner, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for driver training, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, good driver, driver’s education, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO includes discounts for military active duty, membership and employees, driver training, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and air bags.
- SAFECO has savings for bundle discounts, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, drive less, homeowner, and teen safety rewards.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include teen driver discount, new graduate, new move discount, good student, multi-car, and exclusive group savings.
If you are trying to find affordable San Antonio auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in San Antonio.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that help determine your premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine your rate level.
Mature drivers pay less – Inexperience drivers are known to be inattentive in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Adding a teenage driver onto a policy can really hurt. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.
Car insurance policy lapses lead to higher rates – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas DMV.
Higher prices for specific employers – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Careers like judges, air traffic controllers, and miners have higher average rates in part from job stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
Don’t skimp on liability coverage – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Small claims can cost you – Car insurance companies in Texas generally give discounts to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Married drivers get cheaper prices – Your spouse may save some money when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Increase coverage deductibles and save – The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims would be collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
Do women or men drive better? – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you may find better rates and also buy local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in San Antonio who will give you quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just a low price. Any good agent in San Antonio should know the answers to these questions.
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How are claims handled?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How long has their agency been in business in San Antonio?
- Will one accident increase rates?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in San Antonio
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
These agents can only write with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well schooled in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are exclusive agents in San Antonio willing to provide price quotes.
- Art Manzano – State Farm Insurance Agent
1255 SW Loop 410 Ste 135 – San Antonio, TX 78227 – (210) 670-0000 – View Map
- Allan Meyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
10130 San Pedro Ave #103 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 349-1317 – View Map
- Jeff Ellis – State Farm Insurance Agent
16350 Blanco Rd #115 – San Antonio, TX 78232 – (210) 641-7711 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When shopping rates, you need to get some free quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in San Antonio who can help you get rate quotes.
- San Antonio Insurance Agency
1100 NE Interstate 410 Loop – San Antonio, TX 78209 – (210) 822-2590 – View Map
- A.R.M. Insurance Agency
1534 W Contour Dr #101 – San Antonio, TX 78212 – (210) 828-7873 – View Map
- IBC Insurance Agency Ltd
5300 Walzem Rd – San Antonio, TX 78218 – (210) 646-9870 – View Map
Don’t give up on affordable rates
In this article, we presented many ways to get a better price on Mercury Sable insurance in San Antonio. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper San Antonio auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. They often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
More information is located at these links:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Cheap San Antonio Car Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)