Want to learn a better way to compare cheaper Kia Amanti insurance in San Antonio? Do you get exhausted from sacrificing other expenses to pay insurance each month? You are no different than many other consumers in Texas.
A recent insurance study revealed that the vast majority of insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Texas consumers can save approximately $1,770 each year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to do a rate comparison. Companies like GEICO and Progressive continually bombard you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to ignore the propaganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
Auto insurance providers offering cheap rates in Texas
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Paperwork-free – Some auto insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on the internet.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to monitor driving manner by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, driver’s education, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Travelers may have discounts that include driver training, IntelliDrive, save driver, multi-policy, good student, student away at school, and early quote.
- American Family has discounts for TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, good student, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly retired, multi-policy, teen driver discount, newly married, new move discount, and safety features.
It’s a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not be available everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies who offer cheap Kia Amanti insurance quotes in San Antonio, click here.
Get rate quotes but work with a local San Antonio insurance agency
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you may find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important particularly in San Antonio.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in San Antonio who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency because prices are sent to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can do a good job, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in San Antonio that may be able to give free rate quotes.
Mesquite Insurance Agency
501 W Quincy St – San Antonio, TX 78212 – (210) 472-3034 – View Map
Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr – San Antonio, TX 78221 – (210) 593-8935 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in San Antonio who can help you get price quotes.
Deciding on an car insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
Auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25 in Texas), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as falling objects, hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Amanti from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Amanti to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for surgery, hospital visits, ambulance fees, funeral costs and nursing services. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 30/60/25 that translate to a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things like pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
One last thing about your coverage
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your Kia Amanti insurance premium rates in San Antonio. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas is located at these links:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Antonio Car Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)