Searching for better insurance prices for your Saturn Ion in Texas could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to find lower rates.
There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Saturn and find the lowest possible price either online or from San Antonio insurance agents.
Finding a better price on car insurance is actually easier than you may think. Just take a couple of minutes to get quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Save money with discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there are discounts available that many people don't even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Seat Belts Save - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Own a Home - Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Having several vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Paperless Signup - Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive shop San Antonio auto insurance over the internet.
- Government Employee Discount - Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote San Antonio auto insurance depending on your company.
- ABS Braking Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a deployed family member can result in better prices.
- Full Payment Discount - By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
We need to note that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way.
Some companies who may offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in San Antonio. To find companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, click here to view.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Saturn in San Antonio, buying auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Saturn, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Saturn at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Ion definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $865 each year so shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Saturn Ion to commute?
- How high should deductibles be on a Saturn Ion?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Local San Antonio insurance agents
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from small agencies is especially important in San Antonio.
By using this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in San Antonio who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
The difference between San Antonio car insurance agents
When looking for a reliable agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in San Antonio are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both write auto insurance policies, but it's important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, we recommend you get some free quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in San Antonio that can give you free auto insurance quotes.
- Legion Insurance Agency
5309 Wurzbach Rd - San Antonio, TX 78230 - (210) 693-1501 - View Map
- Ellis Insurance Agency
15335 San Pedro Ave - San Antonio, TX 78232 - (210) 979-9000 - View Map
- San Antonio Insurance Agency
1100 NE Interstate 410 Loop - San Antonio, TX 78209 - (210) 822-2590 - View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. They receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in San Antonio that are able to give price quote information.
- Raul Benavides III - State Farm Insurance Agent
6900 San Pedro Ave #135 - San Antonio, TX 78216 - (210) 824-5724 - View Map
- Rudy Patino - State Farm Insurance Agent
105 Renner Dr - San Antonio, TX 78201 - (210) 732-9219 - View Map
- Rivers Schara - State Farm Insurance Agent
1775 Encino Rio Boulevard - San Antonio, TX 78259 - (210) 496-9533 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Antonio?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?