Are you kicking yourself for buying an overpriced car insurance policy? It’s quite common and many San Antonio consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Texas drivers could save roughly $1,766 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes. Many insurers compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to find the lowest price on Mazda 6 insurance in San Antonio.
It’s smart to do rate comparisons before your policy renews since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the lowest rate on Mazda 6 insurance in San Antonio two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the quickest ways to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper coverage, follow these tips to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in San Antonio is not that difficult. Comparison shoppers just have to learn the quickest way to compare price quotes from many companies at once.
Companies offering cheap Mazda 6 rates in San Antonio, TX
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Facts and figures for Mazda 6 insurance
The rate table displayed next highlights different insurance rates for Mazda 6 models. Having a better understanding of how prices are calculated can help you make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$340||$366||$22||$110||$1,024||$85|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$340||$366||$22||$110||$1,024||$85|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$340||$366||$22||$110||$1,024||$85|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$340||$366||$22||$110||$1,048||$87|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$340||$366||$22||$110||$1,048||$87|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,108||$92|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,108||$92|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,108||$92|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,108||$92|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,108||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise coverage rates noticeably.
Car insurance rates by age and gender in San Antonio
The illustration below shows the comparison of Mazda 6 premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Mazda 6 insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. Data assumes no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut formula to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Mazda 6 settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Eight Tips to Get Cheap San Antonio Insurance Costs
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that go into determining your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower car insurance prices.
- Liability is critical – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Is your car built for speed? – The type of car you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. The lowest base rates are usually for lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The data below uses these assumptions: single male driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Mazda 6 insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
- A coverage lapse is a bad thing – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse will be a sure-fire way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Credit rating impacts premium premiums – Having a good credit history is a large factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Mazda 6 if you clean up your credit.
- Where you call home – Choosing to live in a rural area may provide you with better prices when talking about car insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims. Drivers in populated Texas areas tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Don’t buy incidental coverages you don’t need – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that can add up when buying car insurance. Things like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
Cautious drivers pay lower costs – Even one moving violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have license-revoking tickets like DUI or reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can affect Mazda 6 auto insurance costs for each different age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Keep car insurance rates low by being claim-free – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Texas give the best rates to people who are claim-free. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Mazda 6 insurance loss data – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates.
The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Mazda 6 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Mazda 6 Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 6 99 92 112 94 98 94BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Mazda 6 insurance rates in San Antonio
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are just wasting money.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Mazda 6 insurance in San Antonio.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote San Antonio auto insurance but check with your company.
- E-sign – Certain insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your policy.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive better insurance rates.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the premium cost.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Mazda 6 insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good student, multiple policy, good driver, and student away at school.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including good student, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, easy pay, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, good student, multi-policy, driver training, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, and seat belt use.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-car, good driver, anti-theft, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may include discounts for good student, theft prevention, early bird, student driver, air bags, automatic seat belts, and teen driver.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, and anti-theft.
Check with each company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in San Antonio. To locate providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, click this link.
Local San Antonio auto insurance agents
Many people would rather have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in San Antonio that provide free San Antonio auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Antonio?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance policy providers can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it’s important to know how they differ since it could factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Antonio that can give you price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, we recommend you compare quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following are independent agents in San Antonio that are able to give price quotes.
A and A Insurance Agency
1317 Castroville Rd – San Antonio, TX 78237 – (210) 434-2311 – View Map
After getting good responses to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to provide insurance coverage.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
Low-cost Mazda 6 insurance in San Antonio is possible from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote San Antonio auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers work with independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Mazda 6 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost San Antonio auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Antonio Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tundra in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)