Have you had enough of robbing Peter to pay Paul to buy insurance? Your situation is no different than many other Texas consumers.
A recent insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of drivers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Texas drivers could save an average of about 70% each year by just shopping around, but they don't believe the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies. You have so many insurers to buy insurance from, and although it's a good thing to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around every six months since insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best quotes on Audi S8 insurance in San Antonio on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because it's time to teach you the easiest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Audi S8 insurance in San Antonio
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Driving Data Discount - San Antonio drivers who agree to allow companies to analyze where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Active Service Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Passing a course in safe driver could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Smart Student Discounts - This discount may save as much as 25% on a San Antonio auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same car insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck.
The best car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, driver training, air bag, defensive driver, and good student.
- American Family offers premium reductions for early bird, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers has savings for driver training, IntelliDrive, good student, student away at school, new car, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include good student, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, distant student, business and professional, teen driver, and alternative fuel.
- USAA may have discounts that include good student, safe driver, military installation, loyalty savings, defensive driver, driver training, and annual mileage.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for teen driver discount, new graduate, new vehicle discount, good student, preferred payment discount, and newly retired.
It's a good idea to ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not be available in San Antonio. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in San Antonio, click this link.
The most recommended method to get rate comparisons for Audi S8 insurance in San Antonio is to understand all the major auto insurance companies allow for online access to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information including if it has an alarm system, how your vehicles are used, daily mileage, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. Your details is then sent to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Audi S8 now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Find Lower-cost Car Insurance with These Tips
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower car insurance prices. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are more obscure such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
Save by driving less - The higher the mileage driven annually the more you'll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. Having an incorrect usage rating on your S8 is just wasting money. Verify your vehicle rating is rated on the right rating data.
City traffic equals higher costs - Choosing to live in a small town may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Urban drivers have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Insure your auto and home with one company - The majority of companies apply a discount to clients who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, it's in your best interest to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Drivers may still save more without the discount by buying from different companies
Get hitched and pay lower costs - Having a spouse may save some money on your car insurance bill. Marriage usually means you are more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
If you don't need it don't buy it - There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment at first, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
Is your vehicle theft-ready? - Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder your car from being stolen.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure - The type of car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest rates will normally be found when insuring smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
Claims statistics for an Audi S8 - Car insurance companies use data from past claims to help determine prices. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher loss trends will cost more to insure.
The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi S8 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi S8 4dr 4WD||288||266|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance agents can give valuable advice
A lot of people would prefer to have an agent's advice and that is just fine! Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in San Antonio who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Does their agency support local causes in San Antonio?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
Exclusive and independent San Antonio car insurance agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it's good to learn how they differ because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company such as Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are exclusive agents in San Antonio who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you.
When comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you include multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following are San Antonio independent insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr - San Antonio, TX 78221 - (210) 593-8935 - View Map
Protect more than your Audi vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi S8 in San Antonio, insuring your vehicle is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Audi for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $830 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
A little work can save a LOT of money
There are still a few companies who may not have online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents. More affordable car insurance in San Antonio is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in San Antonio, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Antonio Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Antonio Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)