Kia Sportage insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Would you like to stop overpaying and find more competitive insurance rates in San Antonio, TX? San Antonio drivers have options when trying to find low-cost Kia Sportage insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to buy insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a Kia and get the lowest price from both online companies and San Antonio agents.
It's astonishing, but a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Consumers in San Antonio could save themselves $1,766 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't want to go online and compare rates.
All major auto insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate make it easy to get prices for coverage from their websites. Getting quotes for Kia Sportage insurance in San Antonio is fairly straightforward as you simply enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their system collects your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
The ability to get online price quotes for Kia Sportage insurance in San Antonio simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the most affordable premium on auto insurance.
In order to compare rates using this form now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy the coverage information just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have rate comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in San Antonio, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need car insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in San Antonio, car insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Sportage, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Kia and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance rate breakdown
The table shown below outlines a range of prices for Kia Sportage models. Knowing how rates are figured can help customers make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$136||$252||$430||$26||$128||$972||$81|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$136||$252||$430||$26||$128||$972||$81|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$156||$306||$430||$26||$128||$1,046||$87|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$156||$306||$430||$26||$128||$1,046||$87|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$156||$306||$430||$26||$128||$1,046||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise insurance rates substantially.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Kia Sportage insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims can affect Kia Sportage car insurance costs for each different age category. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance prices based on gender
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Kia Sportage auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Kia Sportage car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no definitive rule to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Kia Sportage replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing in excess of $700 a year for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Save money on Kia Sportage insurance in San Antonio with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but some need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- San Antonio Homeowners Discount - Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- College Student - Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Safety Course Discount - Passing a safe driver course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Organization Discounts - Belonging to a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
It's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Kia Sportage car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that have these benefits include:
If you need inexpensive San Antonio car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in San Antonio. To view companies with the best discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area that provide free San Antonio car insurance quotes to get your business. You won't even need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Any agent in San Antonio should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How are they compensated?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- When do they do policy reviews?
San Antonio car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you want a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in San Antonio that can give you price quotes.
- State Farm: Sam Longoria
11026 Culebra Rd #105 - San Antonio, TX 78253 - (210) 433-3264 - View Map
- Terry Padilla - State Farm Insurance Agent
6633 S Zarzamora - San Antonio, TX 78211 - (210) 932-3399 - View Map
- Robert Tijerina - State Farm Insurance Agent
8802 Potranco Rd Ste 105 - San Antonio, TX 78251 - (210) 684-3800 - View Map
These agents often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to compare quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in San Antonio who can help you get price quote information.
- Mesquite Insurance Agency
501 W Quincy St - San Antonio, TX 78212 - (210) 472-3034 - View Map
- Affordable Health Insurance Agency, LLC
7330 San Pedro Ave #150 - San Antonio, TX 78216 - (210) 738-3537 - View Map
- Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr - San Antonio, TX 78221 - (210) 593-8935 - View Map
Once you have received acceptable answers to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you've probably found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide auto insurance coverage.
There's no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Find cheaper auto insurance prices by comparing often
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
You just read many ideas to find cheap Kia Sportage insurance in San Antonio. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Discount Kia Sportage insurance in San Antonio can be bought both online and with local San Antonio insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer price quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read at these sites:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable San Antonio Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)