When searching for cheaper insurance, are you baffled by the dozens of insurance sources in your area? You’re not alone. There are so many sources available that it can easily turn into a lot of work to find a more affordable company. Lots of people think San Antonio has many things to offer, but finding the money to pay for insurance can make it very difficult to pay for enough insurance coverage.
Sad but true, over 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. American insurance shoppers can cut their rates by approximately 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to shop their coverage around.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes quite often since prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best price on Chevy Trax insurance in San Antonio at your last renewal you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to find out the right way to buy cheaper Chevy Trax insurance in San Antonio.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to get quotes from many different Texas insurance companies. The recommended way to lower the rate you pay for Chevy Trax insurance is simply to get online rate quotes. When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Auto insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for it.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Chevy but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Do you qualify for discounts?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- College Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course teaching defensive driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can save you money since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap Trax insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for safe driver, teen driver, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and company car.
- American Family has discounts for Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, and air bags.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including paid-in-full, renters, Switch & Save, online shopper, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, defensive driving training, good driver, good student, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and driver’s education.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, anti-theft, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not be offered in every state. To see providers that offer discounts in San Antonio, follow this link.
When should I contact an agent?
Some consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to agents in your area that can give you free San Antonio auto insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Antonio?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is the quote a firm price?
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
When researching a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they function. Agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. These agents are highly trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in San Antonio who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Gary Kennedy – State Farm Insurance Agent
3029 S WW White Rd – San Antonio, TX 78222 – (210) 337-1786 – View Map
- B J Kohutek Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
7863 Callaghan Rd #105 – San Antonio, TX 78229 – (210) 616-0662 – View Map
- Mike Smith – State Farm Insurance Agent
14802 Jones Maltsberger Rd #201 – San Antonio, TX 78247 – (210) 251-3657 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you include several independent agencies for the best price selection. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of independent agents in San Antonio that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr – San Antonio, TX 78221 – (210) 593-8935 – View Map
- Toubin Insurance Agency
7410 Blanco Rd #385 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 446-0109 – View Map
- A.R.M. Insurance Agency
1534 W Contour Dr #101 – San Antonio, TX 78212 – (210) 828-7873 – View Map
Compare auto insurance prices regularly to save
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to reduce Chevy Trax insurance car insurance rates online in San Antonio. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost San Antonio auto insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Lower-priced Chevy Trax insurance in San Antonio can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Antonio Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)