How long have you put off shopping around for the cheapest Chevy Spark insurance in San Antonio? Are you burned out from wondering where the money will come from to buy auto insurance? You are in the same boat as most other people in Texas.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates are inclined to switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who make a habit of shopping around saved about $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If saving the most money on car insurance is your ultimate objective, then learning a little about the best ways to shop for insurance coverage can make shopping around easier. Online insurance companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm all claim big savings with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
Cheap Chevy Spark insurance in San Antonio
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to look at their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Save over 55 – Seniors may receive a small discount on rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but companies like Progressive and Allstate will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Resident Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from San Antonio and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Auto insurance companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before buying, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts might not apply in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in San Antonio, follow this link.
All major car insurance companies allow consumers to get pricing on the web. Obtaining pricing for Chevy Spark insurance in San Antonio is quite easy because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage information on the page. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system collects your driving record and credit report and generates a price. Being able to quote online for Chevy Spark insurance in San Antonio makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to get a better rate.
To save time and compare rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This helps ensure you are getting rate quotes based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in San Antonio, TX. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Are insurance agencies of importance?
Certain consumers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in San Antonio.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in San Antonio for you
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in San Antonio can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you should always compare quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in San Antonio who may provide rate quotes.
Mesquite Insurance Agency
501 W Quincy St – San Antonio, TX 78212 – (210) 472-3034 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are highly trained on what they offer which can be an advantage.
The following are exclusive agencies in San Antonio that can give you price quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Antonio?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Smart consumers save more
We just covered a lot of tips how to find affordable Chevy Spark insurance in San Antonio. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost San Antonio car insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a small local company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Low-cost Chevy Spark insurance in San Antonio is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free San Antonio car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents.
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap San Antonio Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Antonio Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Police Officers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Antonio Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)