Want to learn how to save money and find more competitive Chevy Blazer insurance in San Antonio? Scraping up a payment for high-priced Chevrolet Blazer insurance in San Antonio can drain your family's budget and force you to make sacrifices. Doing a rate comparison can be a smart way to lower your monthly bill.
Unfortunately, most insurance buyers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Consumers in Texas could save as much as 70% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don't grasp how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Consumers have many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it's nice to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to compare rates for Chevy Blazer insurance in San Antonio.
Comparing quotes for affordable protection in San Antonio is not as time-consuming as you think. Essentially every person who buys auto insurance stands a good chance to be able to find lower rates. Nevertheless, Texas drivers do need to know how big insurance companies determine premium rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
To find inexpensive San Antonio car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from lots of Texas insurance companies. One of the best ways to compare rates consists of shopping online.
Getting quotes online is very simple and it takes the place of having to drive around to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Chevy Blazer insurance rate quotes online eliminates this option unless you want the extra assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. However, consumers can obtain prices from the web but have a local agent actually write the policy. When price shopping your coverage, more quotes will improve the odds of getting more affordable insurance. Not every company does online rate quotes, so you should also compare prices from those companies as well.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in San Antonio, TX. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but some must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- San Antonio Homeowners Discount - Just owning your own home can save you money because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Telematics Data - Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to track where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- E-sign - A handful of auto insurance companies will give you a small discount for signing up digitally online.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower premium rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving less can earn cheaper prices.
- Accident Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Don't be shocked that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, membership and employees, driver training, anti-theft, daytime running lights, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for IntelliDrive, driver training, home ownership, continuous insurance, and good student.
- Nationwide may include discounts for anti-theft, defensive driving, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, good student, and business or organization.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for good student, pay in full, teen driver, alternative fuel, distant student, and early shopping.
- Esurance has savings for claim free, Switch & Save, homeowner, multi-policy, paid-in-full, anti-theft, and good student.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, passive restraint, and driver's education.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include type of vehicle, professional/association, annual mileage, ease of repair, and low natural disaster claims.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in San Antonio. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in San Antonio, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local San Antonio insurance agency
Many people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting small agencies is definitely important in San Antonio.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in San Antonio who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Below are San Antonio auto insurance companies that may be able to provide price quote information for Chevy Blazer insurance in San Antonio.
Lisa Ybarbo - State Farm Insurance Agent
803 Castroville Rd #128 - San Antonio, TX 78237 - (210) 434-2711 - View Map
Choosing an company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. A good agent in San Antonio will have answers to these questions.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How are they compensated?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How long has their agency been in business in San Antonio?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
How Insurance Companies Determine Chevy Blazer Insurance Prices
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand the different types of things that are used to determine auto insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower rates.
The items below are some of the items used by companies to determine premiums.
Prevent theft and reduce prices - Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
Don't abuse policy claims - If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Texas generally give discounts to insureds who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Additional coverages that may be costing you - There are a ton of extra coverages that can add up on your Blazer policy. Insurance for rental car coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
Certain jobs pay higher prices - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupational choices like military generals, business owners, and dentists tend to pay higher average rates in part from intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, engineers and performers have lower than average premiums.
Costs may be higher where you live - Residing in areas with lower population has definite advantages when talking about auto insurance. City drivers have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Traffic violations mean higher premiums - Careful drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers who get careless tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in San Antonio, buying auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Chevy Blazer. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $820 a year so it's important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Quote often and quote early
There are still a few companies who may not have price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agencies. The cheapest Chevy Blazer insurance in San Antonio is available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
In this article, we covered many ways to lower your Chevy Blazer insurance premium rates in San Antonio. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Additional learning opportunities
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Antonio Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Antonio Car Insurance Quotes for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Antonio Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)