Locating better insurance prices for your Acura MDX in Texas could be difficult, but you can use the following methods to save time.
There is a better way to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Acura and find the best price possible from San Antonio insurance agents and online providers.
Cheapest auto insurance in San Antonio, TX
The companies in the list below provide quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Analysis of coverages
The information below highlights detailed analysis of insurance costs for Acura MDX models. Learning how insurance policy premiums are established can assist in making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$376||$642||$392||$24||$118||$1,552||$129|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$376||$642||$392||$24||$118||$1,552||$129|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$376||$642||$392||$24||$118||$1,552||$129|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$376||$642||$392||$24||$118||$1,552||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in San Antonio location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates significantly.
Acura MDX liability rates compared to full coverage
The information below illustrates the comparison of Acura MDX auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Texas. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula to exclude full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Acura MDX replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $700 annually for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Reduce your insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find cheap MDX insurance.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Acura MDX premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of insurers offering insurance discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Local San Antonio insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in San Antonio.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in San Antonio who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Different types of auto insurance agents in San Antonio
If you’re trying to find a local agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you include a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below are San Antonio independent agents who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Atlas Insurance Agency,Inc
1954 SW Military Dr – San Antonio, TX 78221 – (210) 927-2277 – View Map
- A.R.M. Insurance Agency
1534 W Contour Dr #101 – San Antonio, TX 78212 – (210) 828-7873 – View Map
- Affordable Health Insurance Agency, LLC
7330 San Pedro Ave #150 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 738-3537 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in San Antonio who can help you get price quote information.
- Raul Benavides III – State Farm Insurance Agent
6900 San Pedro Ave #135 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 824-5724 – View Map
- State Farm: John Pitre
825 W Bitters Rd #105 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 514-1083 – View Map
- Rudy Patino – State Farm Insurance Agent
105 Renner Dr – San Antonio, TX 78201 – (210) 732-9219 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Which family members are covered?
- If they are an independent agency in San Antonio, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
How much can you save?
Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agencies. Discount Acura MDX insurance can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood San Antonio agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider can be easier than you think.
When you buy San Antonio car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)