Searching for cheaper auto insurance rates in San Antonio, TX? San Antonio buyers have many options when searching for the lowest priced Hyundai Entourage insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for your Hyundai and obtain the lowest possible price.
Shockingly, most auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Texas consumers could save themselves roughly $1,766 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
You should make it a habit to check auto insurance prices quite often because prices tend to go up over time. If you had the best quotes on Hyundai Entourage insurance in San Antonio a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the tricks you need to know to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Cheapest companies for Hyundai Entourage insurance in Texas
The companies shown below provide quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for these seven discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- San Antonio Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Paper-free Discount – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a defensive driver course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers offers discounts including home ownership, early quote, new car, IntelliDrive, and continuous insurance.
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, good student, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for newly married, multi-car, exclusive group savings, good student, and preferred payment discount.
- American Family has savings for defensive driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
If you need affordable Hyundai Entourage insurance quotes, ask every company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not be available in San Antonio.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and choosing your policy, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my Hyundai Entourage is worth?
- What does medical payments cover?
- What is glass protection for?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance agents can help
Some consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that can provide free San Antonio car insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. A good agent in San Antonio will have answers to these questions.
- How are they compensated?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does their agency support local causes in San Antonio?
- If they are an independent agency in San Antonio, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
When finding a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can write auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know the differences because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often use the same agent partially due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in San Antonio that can give you price quote information.
- Donnie Britt – State Farm Insurance Agent
6324 NW Loop 410 – San Antonio, TX 78238 – (210) 647-1174 – View Map
- Donna Vaughn – State Farm Insurance Agent
6722 S Flores St – San Antonio, TX 78221 – (210) 922-8787 – View Map
- Betsy Dippo – State Farm Insurance Agent
19190 Stone Oak Pkwy #112 – San Antonio, TX 78258 – (210) 496-3276 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will want to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in San Antonio who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Toubin Insurance Agency
7410 Blanco Rd #385 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 446-0109 – View Map
- Ellis Insurance Agency
15335 San Pedro Ave – San Antonio, TX 78232 – (210) 979-9000 – View Map
- Affordable Health Insurance Agency, LLC
7330 San Pedro Ave #150 – San Antonio, TX 78216 – (210) 738-3537 – View Map
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, theft and fire damage. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses like funeral costs, dental work, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Entourage.
Since many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Collision coverage protection
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as rolling your car, scraping a guard rail and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Entourage to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
When shopping online for auto insurance, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious Hyundai Entourage insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many San Antonio insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer price quotes online and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We just covered many ideas to get a better price on Hyundai Entourage insurance in San Antonio. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company. Regional companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Other learning opportunities
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)