If online car insurance comparisons are new to you, it’s easy to get confused thanks to all the different types local agents and online companies that all say they have the best rates for GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance in San Antonio.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who rate shop once a year are inclined to switch companies because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A study discovered that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on insurance is the reason for your visit, then having some insight into the best way to quote and compare coverage rates can save time and money.
Get cheap rates with discounts
Companies don’t always publicize every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Paper-free Discount – Many auto insurance companies provide a small discount get San Antonio auto insurance digitally online.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on auto insurance.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Good Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between GMC Sierra 2500HD auto insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, military active duty, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include mature driver, paperless, good student, teen driver, multiple vehicles, group or association, and multi-policy.
- American Family offers discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, accident-free, and good driver.
- Esurance may include discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, online shopper, safety device, online quote, and Switch & Save.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, multiple autos, good student, anti-theft, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, multi-car, education and occupation, good student, good driver, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in San Antonio. If you would like to view insurers who offer free GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance quotes in San Antonio, click here.
Most companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO provide prices directly from their websites. Getting quotes for GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance in San Antonio is quite easy as you just type in your required coverages as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, the system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote.
Using the web to get price quotes for GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance in San Antonio streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get affordable prices.
To compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The following companies provide free quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance rate analysis
The table displayed below highlights different policy rates for GMC Sierra 2500HD models. Having insight into how car insurance prices are determined can help drivers make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$160||$312||$366||$22||$110||$970||$81|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$160||$312||$414||$24||$124||$1,034||$86|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$160||$312||$366||$22||$110||$970||$81|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$160||$312||$366||$22||$110||$970||$81|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$160||$360||$414||$24||$124||$1,082||$90|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$160||$360||$414||$24||$124||$1,082||$90|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$160||$360||$366||$22||$110||$1,018||$85|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$160||$360||$366||$22||$110||$1,018||$85|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$160||$360||$414||$24||$124||$1,082||$90|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$178||$360||$414||$24||$124||$1,100||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in your specific San Antonio location which can impact coverage prices substantially.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can change GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance prices based on gender
The chart below illustrates the comparison of GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The diagram below shows the difference between GMC Sierra 2500HD auto insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The rates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no exact formula to eliminate physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your GMC Sierra 2500HD replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Smart Buyers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
Employer and insurance rates – Careers like doctors, executives, and medical professionals usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, careers like professors, athletes and homemakers receive lower rates.
Proper usage rating affects premiums – The more you drive your GMC annually the higher your rate. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Verify your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated Sierra 2500HD can cost quite a bit.
Liability limits should be high – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if ever you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Better drivers pay less – Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one driving citation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have dangerous violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The chart below demonstrates how citations and accident claims can affect GMC Sierra 2500HD auto insurance costs for each age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Does my GMC Sierra 2500HD need full coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood San Antonio car insurance agent
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in San Antonio who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How are claims handled?
- If they are an independent agency in San Antonio, which companies do they recommend?
- How long has their agency been open in San Antonio?
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to use the same agent mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Antonio that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Art Manzano – State Farm Insurance Agent
1255 SW Loop 410 Ste 135 – San Antonio, TX 78227 – (210) 670-0000 – View Map
- Mike Smith – State Farm Insurance Agent
14802 Jones Maltsberger Rd #201 – San Antonio, TX 78247 – (210) 251-3657 – View Map
- Joe Trevino – State Farm Insurance Agent
4951 De Zavala Rd – San Antonio, TX 78249 – (210) 694-0866 – View Map
These type of agents are not locked into one company so they can write business with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in San Antonio willing to provide rate quotes.
- San Antonio Insurance Agency
1100 NE Interstate 410 Loop – San Antonio, TX 78209 – (210) 822-2590 – View Map
- Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr – San Antonio, TX 78221 – (210) 593-8935 – View Map
- A and A Insurance Agency
1317 Castroville Rd – San Antonio, TX 78237 – (210) 434-2311 – View Map
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a GMC in San Antonio, insuring your vehicle is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Sierra 2500HD with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your GMC for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your GMC Sierra 2500HD and your personal assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is wasting up to $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper insurance rates are out there
More affordable insurance in San Antonio is possible on the web and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance in San Antonio. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often provide lower prices in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)