Being forced to pay for overpriced insurance premiums can dry up your budget and maybe even restrict other spending. Performing a rate comparison is a fast and free way to tighten up your finances.
Unbelievably, over 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by roughly 46.5% a year just by comparing rates, but they won't spend time to shop their coverage around. Online insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive all claim big savings, bombarding you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you already have coverage or just want a better rate, you can use these techniques to buy cheaper insurance and still get good coverage. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in San Antonio can be made easier if you know where to look. Drivers just need to know the most efficient way to quote multiple rates from many companies at once.
How to get the cheapest Ford Five Hundred insurance in San Antonio, Texas
Reducing your insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. You just have to invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes to discover which company has the cheapest Ford Five Hundred rate quotes.
It's so simple to compare auto insurance rates online replaces the need to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. The internet has made agencies unnecessary unless you're the type of person who wants the professional advice that only an agent can give. It is possible to get prices online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in San Antonio, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Get cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance rates in San Antonio
Auto insurance companies do not list the entire discount list in a way that's easy to find, so we researched both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Bundle and Save - When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple vehicles with the same auto insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Paperless Signup - Some auto insurance companies provide a small discount simply for signing digitally online.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver's education, student away at school, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- GEICO discounts include daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century includes discounts for air bags, automatic seat belts, early bird, 55 and older, and homeowners.
- American Family offers discounts including multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, air bags, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, accident-free, and good student.
- The Hartford may include discounts for vehicle fuel type, bundle, driver training, air bag, and good student.
- AAA has discounts for pay-in-full, education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, AAA membership discount, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in San Antonio. To locate companies who offer cheap Ford Five Hundred insurance quotes in San Antonio, click here.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Lots of things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Always keep your auto insurance policy in place - Going without insurance can be a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in fines or a revoked license. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department.
Only buy coverage you need - Policies have add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your Five Hundred policy. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and motor club memberships are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
Good credit scores equal low rates - Your credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit history can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Five Hundred by repairing your credit. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have poor credit scores.
With age comes responsibility - Teen drivers in Texas are statistically proven to be more careless when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
Your spouse saves you money - Having a spouse can get you a discount on your policy. Marriage translates into being more responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Raise physical damage deductibles and save - Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called 'full coverage', covers damage that occurs to your Ford. A few examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, damage caused by hail, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
City traffic equals higher premiums - Residing in a small town can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. City drivers have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Are insurance agencies a thing of the past?
A lot of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Good agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in San Antonio who will return price quotes to get your business. You won't need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is the agency active in community causes in San Antonio?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in San Antonio?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
If you would like to find a good San Antonio insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in San Antonio are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it's worth learning why they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in San Antonio who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with many different companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in San Antonio that can give you price quote information.
Garcia Insurance Agency
1255 SW Military Dr - San Antonio, TX 78221 - (210) 593-8935 - View Map
A and A Insurance Agency
1317 Castroville Rd - San Antonio, TX 78237 - (210) 434-2311 - View Map
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always remember that when buying the best insurance coverage, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Smart consumers save more
Discount Ford Five Hundred insurance in San Antonio can be bought on the web in addition to many San Antonio insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)