How many times have you told yourself to find lower-priced Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in San Antonio? Are you irritated from scraping nickels together to pay insurance each month? You are no different than the majority of other vehicle owners in Texas.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of insurance customers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Drivers in San Antonio could save nearly $1,800 each year, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they moved their coverage to a different company.
There are many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to find the best rates for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in San Antonio.
This article’s intent is to help educate you on how auto insurance companies operate and how you can save the most money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using these methods. But Texas drivers do need to learn the way insurance companies determine what you pay and use it to find better rates.
Best companies for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Car insurance data for a Ford Explorer Sport Trac
The information displayed below highlights detailed analysis of rate quotes for Ford Explorer Sport Trac models. Learning a little about how insurance policy rates are calculated can help customers make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 2WD||$122||$212||$358||$22||$108||$822||$69|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 2WD||$140||$212||$358||$22||$108||$840||$70|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD||$140||$212||$358||$22||$108||$840||$70|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4WD||$158||$260||$358||$22||$108||$906||$76|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD||$158||$260||$358||$22||$108||$906||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can impact price quotes significantly.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Ford Explorer Sport Trac yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The rates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault fender-benders can affect Ford Explorer Sport Trac car insurance costs for each age group. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The illustration below shows the difference between Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut rule for eliminating physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Explorer Sport Trac replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 a year for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Cheaper San Antonio car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
- Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow data collection to look at driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course in defensive driver could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Early Switch Discount – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new Explorer Sport Trac can save you some money because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, five-year accident-free, military active duty, driver training, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for safe driver, homeowner, multi-car, drive less, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, distant student, and homeowner.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, pay-in-full, education and occupation, good driver, good student, and AAA membership discount.
- USAA discounts include good student, new vehicle, multi-policy, loyalty savings, and driver training.
When quoting, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Ford Explorer Sport Trac to commute?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What if I total my Ford Explorer Sport Trac and owe more than it’s worth?
- What are good deductibles for a Ford Explorer Sport Trac?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Insurance quotes from local San Antonio insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in San Antonio.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How long has the business existed?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- If they are an independent agency in San Antonio, which companies do they recommend?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in San Antonio?
Cheap insurance rates are out there
Discount Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance in San Antonio is attainable online as well as from independent agents in San Antonio, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies can be less work than you think.
We covered some good ideas how to reduce Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance premium rates online in San Antonio. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Additional insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tundra in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Antonio Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Acadia in San Antonio? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)